Windows 10: Re-installing Windows after Motherboard Swap

Discus and support Re-installing Windows after Motherboard Swap in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently swapped out my motherboard to a new one and tried to boot up using a windows USB drive. Windows was already loaded on my hard drive and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BStroh, Sep 11, 2021.

1. BStroh Win User

Re-installing Windows after Motherboard Swap

I recently swapped out my motherboard to a new one and tried to boot up using a windows USB drive. Windows was already loaded on my hard drive and was active prior to changing motherboards. After switching out motherboards and booting from the UDB drive I would receive the error: "Compatibility report; the upgrade option isn't available if you start you computer using windows installation media."I tried "repair your computer", as well as "Custom: install windows only" and still no viable option to install windows. Already verified the Boot process in BIOS.The only option I could come up with w

:)

BStroh, Sep 11, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 11, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 11, 2021
  4. Re-installing Windows after Motherboard Swap

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 11, 2021
Thema:

Re-installing Windows after Motherboard Swap

1. Re-installing Windows after Motherboard Swap - Similar Threads - installing Motherboard Swap

2. Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.: Hello I bought a PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 Home. I set up PC and activated/linked Windows 10 to my Microsoft account. A few moths later I upgraded my Motherboard and I wanted to make sure Windows 10 was activated on new MOBO to avoid any issues, problem is the " I...
  3. WIndows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard Swap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard Swap: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC motherboard and am having some issues activating Windows. Before I upgraded, I linked my Windows digital license to my Microsoft account hoping that this would prevent any issues. However, when I booted up after replacing the motherboard,...
  4. Cannot activate windows after motherboard swap.

Cannot activate windows after motherboard swap.: I had an old computer that originally had windows 7 installed from a disc that I upgraded to windows 10 a while ago. Today I upgraded its motherboard ,ram and cpu and now windows 10 wont re activate. I am logged onto the same Microsoft account that I used and it originally...
  5. Windows activation after motherboard swap

Windows activation after motherboard swap: I called Microsoft support to help with activating windows after I changed my motherboard. I have a digital licence that I received when upgrading from Windows 7 years ago. This had survived a previous motherboard swap a few years ago with no issue. Support told me there...
  6. Windows not Reactivating after Motherboard Swap

Windows not Reactivating after Motherboard Swap: Hey everyone, I just swapped out my motherboard on my computer and got the activate windows message in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. Before replacing my motherboard, I had a Windows 10 Pro license. The troubleshooter doesn't seem to allow me to re-activate...
  7. windows 10 activatation after motherboard swap

windows 10 activatation after motherboard swap: I recently got a new motherboard for my pc, but when I booted up windows I didn't have an activation license, I ran the troubleshooter, clicked on "I changed hardware recently, and it gave me the option to choose the PC I was currently on, it wasn't listed, only the PC with...
  8. Reactivation after motherboard swap

Reactivation after motherboard swap: I switched out my motherboard last night and now Windows is telling me it can't activate. How do I use the windows key I just purchased a couploe months ago?...
  9. Reactivating Windows After Swapping Motherboard

Reactivating Windows After Swapping Motherboard: I need to swap motherboards, and I was wondering how I go about transferring my current windows 10 license to my new computer - I don't have access to the license key, however the desktop is registered to my Microsoft account. I don't currently have access to the desktop,...
  10. Reactivation after motherboard swap

Reactivation after motherboard swap: My motherboard died, I'm going to get a new one that's going to be a different brand so I imagine Win 10 will notice. I'm aware that the proper way to reactivate after a hardware change is to link your license to an MS account. The thing is, I never linked the license to an...