Windows 10: Re-installing windows- drives won't show up on diskpart

Discus and support Re-installing windows- drives won't show up on diskpart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an ACER ASPIRE TC-220 , and my initial issue was that I kept getting the "Reboot and Select a proper boot device" screen. After which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Transcendent04, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Re-installing windows- drives won't show up on diskpart

I have an ACER ASPIRE TC-220 , and my initial issue was that I kept getting the "Reboot and Select a proper boot device" screen.

After which I decided to re-install my windows, however when I tried to do that my drives weren't showing up - as seen in image 1-.

After attempting the diskpart procedure they also weren't showing up there after typing in the comment to list the disks, only my USB

flash drive which I was trying to re-install with would show up.

However when I did the diskpart procedure while in windows itself (after having logged in) the disks did show up.
    I can now however not get to that stage.

Can you please explain to me why this might be the case and help me fix my problem?

Re-installing windows- drives won't show up on diskpart 8af8c2db-3daa-45d1-85d7-fd7b6e61439d?upload=true.jpg Re-installing windows- drives won't show up on diskpart 6b6edbe8-7e7d-4988-a74f-397542f71ab0?upload=true.jpg Many thanks

:)

Transcendent04, Sep 17, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

cant install windows 8 on my cruciall ssd drive

Yeah, that was going to be my next suggestion. You can actually access the command prompt from inside the Windows installer, then run DiskPart and do a Clean command on the drive.

newtekie1, Sep 17, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 17, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

Re-installing windows- drives won't show up on diskpart

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Re-installing windows- drives won't show up on diskpart

1. Re-installing windows- drives won't show up on diskpart - Similar Threads - installing drives won't

2. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  3. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  4. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Went to diskpart and cleaned my external hard drive and it is not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Went to diskpart and cleaned my external hard drive and it is not showing up.: So I went to diskpart and selected the wrong drive and I cleaned it. It is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/went-to-diskpart-and-cleaned-my-external-hard/1fae8a5c-9e49-4b25-943b-a635402f6f75
  6. Went to diskpart and cleaned my external hard drive and it is not showing up.

Went to diskpart and cleaned my external hard drive and it is not showing up.: So I went to diskpart and selected the wrong drive and I cleaned it. It is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/went-to-diskpart-and-cleaned-my-external-hard/1fae8a5c-9e49-4b25-943b-a635402f6f75
  7. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart: Hello Guys,I locked my Laptop through bitlocker and forgot my Password. Because of that I cleaned the encrypted Disk with diskpart planning to reinstall Windows with a USB Drive. diskpart and than "Clean"But now, I cant select the Drive to Install Windows on and IT doesnt...
  8. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart: Hello Guys,I locked my Laptop through bitlocker and forgot my Password. Because of that I cleaned the encrypted Disk with diskpart planning to reinstall Windows with a USB Drive. diskpart and than "Clean"But now, I cant select the Drive to Install Windows on and IT doesnt...
  9. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Dvd drive won't show up in one drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dvd drive won't show up in one drive: Hello dvd drive won't show up in one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-wont-show-up-in-one-drive/b1f0647f-343e-4a17-a32e-b5802937d922