Windows 10: Re-installing windows

Discus and support Re-installing windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good afternoon all, here's my issue I purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop 13'' about 2 years ago. Last year I installed Ubuntu on my main drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KeithMartin7, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Re-installing windows

Good afternoon all, here's my issue

I purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop 13'' about 2 years ago. Last year I installed Ubuntu on my main drive and I'm attempting to re-install Windows. It currently has no OS and I cannot seem to re-install Windows through the UEI troubleshooting process. I never had a physical license for my Surface since I purchased it with Windows on it. I still have Windows boot and can attempt to re-install but it never finishes, always prompting me with some error saying there is no disk to install on. Although I have re-formatted my NVMe to NTFS. I did this through command prompt. I know I'm not giving the best description. All I'd like to do is re-install my original Windows license onto my Surface Laptop (p.s. I have two more copies of Windows on thumb drives that I purchased and use on my other PC's). Not sure if those can be used to fix this issue.

Thanks

:)

KeithMartin7, Aug 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Re-installing windows

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Re-installing windows

1. Re-installing windows - Similar Threads - installing

2. Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen when attempting to install printer driver: I am having to re-construct my Windows 10 Pro installation after a hard disk failure and I am having trouble when attempting to install a Canon TR8560 printer. During the printer installation, when asked to authorise the disabling of blocking, I get a blue screen and the...
  3. How do I back up Windows 10 Apps I installed from the Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I back up Windows 10 Apps I installed from the Store?: I have an app that is no longer in the store but I want to back it up incase I need to get another computer or re-install windows10 I can find no information on how to do this. I don't know where the app resides on the computer or how to back it up. I don't want to back up...
  4. I need to get license for win10. I bought a used machine with it installed but have no...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to get license for win10. I bought a used machine with it installed but have no...: I need to get license for win10. I bought a used machine with it installed but have no product key. how to buy a digital key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-license-for-win10-i-bought-a-used/ac33b1e6-c5b0-4590-8bf9-22eead69006e"
  5. Installing Win10 on a separate hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Win10 on a separate hard disk: So i had to replace my hard drive in my laptop and i'm trying to install Win10 onto the replacement hard drive. I've tried using windows creation tool onto a usb device but when i plugged it into the laptop it didn't boot from the USB drive and i was prompted to install an...
  6. After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 update, Control Panel shows printer installed and working properly, but...: Actually, none of the four wireless printers that were working prior to the latest update now show up when I attempt to select a printer from a word processing application (I have two and have tried both), browser (I have three, and have tried them all), etc. When I right...
  7. Windows installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows installer: Hi, I've been having trouble with my laptop. It keeps crashing and I'm getting all kinds of warnings and errors. Here is one of the things that is going wrong. I'm not trying to install anything on my computer so I don't know why I'm getting this message.. Can someone please...
  8. Installed latest Windows update but after all there is no sound

Installed latest Windows update but after all there is no sound: I have just installed the latest Windows 10 update Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 But after all there is no sound. Before Windows update I had sound with Realtek High definition driver. Now I don't. There is red X sign next to sound icon at quick launch bar. And in...
  9. Cant do repair or re install of windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant do repair or re install of windows 10: Did a new install on windows 10 on an older computer, and then it stopped letting me start any programs, it would boot up and go to the welcome screen an that was it. I cannot do a repair or new install again, i can get to the trouble shoot screen but anything i choose it...
  10. need help with windows installation

need help with windows installation: Hey guys, I was installing windows 10 via an USB drive. I downloaden the right software on the usb drive. It worked in the language installation. I clicked on windows 10 home (Because that's what is was buying) I cliked drive 0 partition 1 but there was an other drive...