Windows 10: Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

Discus and support Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Pritham Dsouza, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case.

The regular camera turns on on windows hello but the IR camera doesn't switch on so every time I have to enable the camera using the hotkey only for windows hello. This is a big inconvenience and I don't like keeping my camera enabled and I am thereby now using normal password to unlock the laptop.

When I use win hello it tells 'Looking for you', 'Making sure it's you' and that is it

Is there any solution to this. Is anyone else facing the same problem with Lenovo laptops

with IR camera for windows hello ?

:)

Pritham Dsouza, Jan 7, 2021

2. IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case.

I get the white light on top showing that my camera is on (when camera is disabled ) during windows hello but the IR camera doesn't switch on so every time I have to enable the camera using hotkey only for windows hello. This is a big inconvenience and I
    don't like keeping my camera enabled and I am thereby now using normal password to unlock the laptop.

Is there any solution to this. Is anyone else facing the same problem with Lenovo laptops

with IR camera for windows hello ?

Pritham Dsouza, Jan 7, 2021
  3. MaxPower Win User
    Can other programs then Windows Hello access an external IR Camera?

I got two web cameras, one normal and another which has an IR camera build in for my Windows Hello sign in function. I can access my normal camera in various applications but I just don't see any app or other way to open up a viewfinder for the IR Camera except when you set it in Windows Hello.

I have put tape over every web camera (except the IR one) but I'm uncertain if it even is possible to spy on me through that IR camera? Anyone who knows a way to spy on me through it? Or does Windows somehow lock it for 3rd party apps after being connected to the Windows Hello login method?

I want to be able to just login without having to take away and reinstall the tape every time i login. It kind of defeats the purpose of having this ease of use login method to begin with.

Here is an similar camera to the one that I got right now:
    CSL Computer Hello DX1 HD webcam 1280 x 720 p Stand, Clip mount, Supports Windows Hello | Conrad.com

MaxPower, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

Can Windows Hello face authentication support 2 IR Cameras

We have a laptop that has an IR Camera with Windows Hello face authentication setup and working, but when the user docks their laptop usually has the lid closed so can't use the built in laptop IR camera. We setup and external IR camera to try and resolve
    this, but it doesn't work the laptop appears to be able to only use 1 IR camera for Windows Hello. If we disable the laptop IR camera the external camera works, but then the laptop IR camera doesn't work when they're mobile. Is there anyway that Windows Hello
    can you both cameras or somehow disable the laptop IR camera when docked?

Randy-Gleason, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

1. Re: IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO - Similar Threads - CAMERA DOESN'T TURN

2. Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera: Reccently windows hello has stopped activating the IR camera when setting up facial recognition and when signing in. The normal camera activates green light but the IR camera does not blinking red light. This has happened before and what I did to fix it was uninstalling the...
  3. Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello facial recognition not accessing the IR camera: Reccently windows hello has stopped activating the IR camera when setting up facial recognition and when signing in. The normal camera activates green light but the IR camera does not blinking red light. This has happened before and what I did to fix it was uninstalling the...
  4. IR Camera Drivers

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    IR Camera Drivers: My IR Camera Driver is missing. I have tried to install new drivers so that my IR camera will start working with Hello Windows. The IR Camera is still listed, but no drivers. Please help me figure out how to get the install to work.Thanks!...
  5. Help with IR camera used by Windows hello

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with IR camera used by Windows hello: Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P53 laptop with an integrated camera. Under device manager I can see an integrated camera and an Integrated IR camera. Up to about a month ago I was able to use the hello login with face recognition without any trouble. I was getting a RED led...
  6. IR Camera Doesn't Turn on for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IR Camera Doesn't Turn on for Windows Hello: [ATTACH] I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case. I get the white...
  7. IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO

IR CAMERA DOESN'T TURN ON FOR WIN HELLO: I have the Lenovo yoga s740 IIL and there is problem with the IR Camera. The IR Camera doesn't switch on automictically when camera is disabled. According to Microsoft the camera should switch on even if it is disabled but this is not he case. I get the white light on top...
  8. IR Camera and Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IR Camera and Windows Hello: I accidently deleted the driver for Windows Hello from the Device Manager of my Lenovo IdeaPad, and now I can't find the biometric on it, nor the IR camera, which I am not sure that it ever had because I didn't delete it. It was supposed to reinstall that driver upon...
  9. Windows Hello IR HD Facial Camera not working.

Windows Hello IR HD Facial Camera not working.: Hey there, Microsoft I recently bought an HP Pavilion Laptop 14 ce3006tu. The device has an IR HD Camera. I have reinstalled the drivers 2 times, enable Windows Biometric Service from gpedit.msc, Services app and Registry. But Face Lock is still not working. Plz help. I am...
  10. Why doesn't Windows Hello work and do I have an ir camera?

Why doesn't Windows Hello work and do I have an ir camera?: I got a new laptop for Christmas, the Dell Inspiron 5570, it advertised an IR camera but the login options say that windows hello isn't supported. Is this just mis-advertisement or is it a software problem? I don't know what to do. Even in device manager, it doesn't say that...