Windows 10: RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer

Discus and support RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone,I was trying to setup a Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer. And I created a provisioning package file and applied for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jagjot Singh jagjotsingh, Apr 23, 2021.

1. RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer

Hello Everyone,I was trying to setup a Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer. And I created a provisioning package file and applied for testing it did not worked as I was assuming. But now I am not able to remove that package and I cannot revert any changes. Moreover, I don't have option to switch to other User account as well.Getting the error message when entering the password "We weren't able to start your app. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to sign out or contact your system Admin. For more info, search online for error code: 0x80070057"Any help will be appreciated.Thanks,Jagjot

:)

Jagjot Singh jagjotsingh, Apr 23, 2021
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Kiosk Mode in Windows 10.

We would just like to clarify some information.

• How many apps do you plan on running on the said mode?
    This maybe an option that suits your purpose. Kindly follow the steps provided in this
    link.

For more information, you might want to check this article out about:
    Configure kiosk and shared devices running Windows desktop editions

Regards.

Jonas Flo, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer

Unable to configure Kiosk mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to configure Kiosk Mode for some machines. I suggest you to refer the article

Set up a single-app kiosk
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on using SCCM to be able to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer

1. RE: Kiosk Mode with Windows Configuration Designer - Similar Threads - Kiosk Mode Configuration

2. windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge: I've been playing around with Windows Configuration Designer in the hope I can create a provisioning package that allows me to Kiosk MSEdge. I've been having issues with it and even attempting to strip it down to its most basic level i'm unable to get it to work.I'm using the...
  3. windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows configuration designer issues with kiosk app edge: I've been playing around with Windows Configuration Designer in the hope I can create a provisioning package that allows me to Kiosk MSEdge. I've been having issues with it and even attempting to strip it down to its most basic level i'm unable to get it to work.I'm using the...
  4. After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...: Good morning, I created a basic kiosk profile for Windows 11 PRO, with Windows Configuration Designer, on a PC that already has an administrator account.After starting the created script, both the kiosk user and the PC administrator user no longer see the start menu and...
  5. After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...

After configuring a Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer, pc Administrator user and...: Good morning, I created a basic kiosk profile for Windows 11 PRO, with Windows Configuration Designer, on a PC that already has an administrator account.After starting the created script, both the kiosk user and the PC administrator user no longer see the start menu and...
  6. Windows Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Kiosk Mode: I'd like to lock my PC, but also have a video play on the screen.Is this possible with Kiosk mode?It asks me to assign an account, but won't allow me to do with this my main account.Thanks...
  7. Windows Kiosk Mode

Windows Kiosk Mode: I'd like to lock my PC, but also have a video play on the screen.Is this possible with Kiosk mode?It asks me to assign an account, but won't allow me to do with this my main account.Thanks...
  8. Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Configuration Designer and Kiosk: I create a provisioning package using the Kiosk icon in WCD. The following parameters are what I specified Set up device - disabled, the computer is already named Set up Network - disabled, wired network not wifi Account Management - disabled Add applications - none...
  9. Unable to configure Kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to configure Kiosk mode: Hi, i am struggling to configure Kiosk Mode on Windows 10 which is the 1809 build we use for our users. I am able to configure a kiosk mode on some machine but on a specific tiny i am using which i have rebuilt as per all our machines are build from the network using SCCM...
  10. Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Configuration Designer - Kiosk Browser: The KioskBrowser settings appear to be empty in the Windows Configuration Designer. Has anyone encountered this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-configuration-designer-kiosk-browser/a4db6b73-57e8-4bad-a4b7-f5edb03f31d8