Windows 10: Re-linking of windows 10 activation key to a new microsoft account.

Discus and support Re-linking of windows 10 activation key to a new microsoft account. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using my son's deskstop. His window 10 activation key was linked to his account and his hotmail. I am now using his desktop and wish to link to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RaymondChua2, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Re-linking of windows 10 activation key to a new microsoft account.

I am using my son's deskstop. His window 10 activation key was linked to his account and his hotmail. I am now using his desktop and wish to link to my own microsoft account and to my gmail. I have already given myself administrator right. How to switch the link over?

I need to change my motherboard and in order to have the windows 10 to recognize the hardware change. Thanks very much.

:)

RaymondChua2, Oct 23, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Now that I have a new mobo and Ryzen processor, Windows 10 will not Activate....

From your link:
    Cool, I didn't know that. *Big Grin Re-linking of windows 10 activation key to a new microsoft account. :D

I agree that the dark option is nice. I typically like to have a dark grey if possible, rather than jet black.

qubit, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Re-linking of windows 10 activation key to a new microsoft account.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Re-linking of windows 10 activation key to a new microsoft account.

1. Re-linking of windows 10 activation key to a new microsoft account. - Similar Threads - linking activation key

2. re-activate Windows 10 Mak Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    re-activate Windows 10 Mak Key: Can I re-activate Windows 10 Mak Key with digital license to other computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-activate-windows-10-mak-key/5e872628-26c4-4c2a-b623-9df5df8cd44c"
  3. New motherboard - windows 10 re-activation

New motherboard - windows 10 re-activation: Hi, just recently needed to replace my motherboard and now Windows thinks it's a new computer. I had Windows 10 pre-installed, so it is a digital license. When I try to troubleshoot and pick the option that I recently changed hardware, I always get the option Unable to...
  4. Will a Microsoft account save my windows 10 activation key?

Will a Microsoft account save my windows 10 activation key?: will signing onto my microsoft account on windows 10 save my activation key for future use with a new pc? 142819
  5. Account Linked Windows 10 Home Key won't activate after uninstall

Account Linked Windows 10 Home Key won't activate after uninstall: Hello, I recently uninstalled my windows 10 home product key from my PC after preparing to move my windows 10 key to a new device. I have freshly installed windows but the system is telling me that no product key is detected. On my previous PC, the activation settings said...
  6. Windows 10 OEM Key - Account link

Windows 10 OEM Key - Account link: Hey ! So I have my current OEM windows licence installed on my machine, and I'm building a new system that I will use very soon. Since I can't transfer my current licence to that new system, and since I can't afford a full edition, I'm probably about to buy another OEM key...
  7. Link a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Link a microsoft account: How can I link my Microsoft (@hotmail.com) account to my Windows 10 computer without changing my current username and login? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-a-microsoft-account/fa8d39bc-031f-4442-8abd-61e54604212d
  8. how to find CD keys linked to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to find CD keys linked to Microsoft account: When I registered Windows 10 with Microsoft account, the system showed a listed of linked licenses. However I cannot find it now. Could you help me to find Office or Windows cd-keys linked to my Microsoft account?...
  9. Windows 10 re-activation with new hardware

Windows 10 re-activation with new hardware: Hi, A question about upgrading to Windows 10. Before the free year expires, if I upgrade to Windows 10 from existing Windows 8 Retail on my current PC, upgrade it (new M/B, CPU etc) and then install existing Windows 8 Retail on the new setup, will I still be able to...
  10. key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital "

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    key points of Tutorial "Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital ": Full title of tutorial is Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials We have a bunch of Win 10 Pro systems. All were upgrades from Retail Win 7 or Win 8. Three systems have just one Win 10 install each, and one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows 10 activation on another computer over the internet