Windows 10: Re-loading windows 10 on new hard drive. r

Discus and support Re-loading windows 10 on new hard drive. r in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Re-loading windows 10 on new hard drive. I can't download backup as it tells me I must sign in as administrator. I checked. I am administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeDale, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Re-loading windows 10 on new hard drive. r

Re-loading windows 10 on new hard drive. I can't download backup as it tells me I must sign in as administrator. I checked. I am administrator.

Please help as my old drive is on its last legs.

:)

GeorgeDale, Jan 29, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Re-loading windows 10 on new hard drive. r

little cat, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Re-loading windows 10 on new hard drive. r

1. Re-loading windows 10 on new hard drive. r - Similar Threads - loading hard drive

2. Windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to new hard drive: Looking to move my C drive and my copy of windows 10 to a new hard drive. How can I do this? Someone recommend just making a clone? Can I do that with windows without messing anything up?...
  3. Re-Partition Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Partition Hard Drive?: Hello, since I first bought my new HP Pavilion it came set up with 118GB for the C drive and 931GB for the D drive. All of the software I install quickly takes up space in my C drive so I am constantly having to delete things to make room. I have a lot of software needed for...
  4. Load Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Load Windows 10 on new hard drive: I have a Dell system. System came with Windows 8.1. Several years ago, I took advantage of free version of Windows 10. My hard drive is going bad and I must replace it. I need a way to load Windows 10 on my new drive. Can I create a formattable usb recovery drive? Is...
  5. re-activating Windows 10 on a new hard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    re-activating Windows 10 on a new hard: Hi, I bought a reconditioned computer that came with an OEM Microsoft Windows 10 product key sticker on the side. This computer came with a 250 GB hard drive. I want to replace it with a larger hard drive, do a fresh install of Windows 10 on it. The 250 GB hard will not go...
  6. Advice re: new hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice re: new hard drive: I bought a new Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB drive a few weeks ago in an attempt to fix a problem PC. I may have to scrap the machine (as still cant be fixed) and i wanted to ask are these viable options for my new £765 drive. 1. buy a machine with an HHD and add my SSD drive as a...
  7. Advice re: new hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice re: new hard drive: I bought a new Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB drive a few weeks ago in an attempt to fix a problem PC. I may have to scrap the machine (as still cant be fixed) and i wanted to ask are these viable options for my new £765 drive. 1. buy a machine with an HHD and add my SSD drive as a...
  8. RE INSTALL WINDOWS 10 INTO A NEW SSD HARD DRIVE

RE INSTALL WINDOWS 10 INTO A NEW SSD HARD DRIVE: I've faced an issue with my old Hard drive as my hp laptop keeps on re-booting after hp logo when starting but my windows is not starting. so I ran System Quick Test and found out that my Hard Drive Short DST Check : Failed so I bought a new SSD and installed it. My...
  9. Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive

Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive: I have a boot hard drive failing. I wanted to re-install my Windows 10 and accounts software back on to a new disk. I want to know how I can back up what is on the failing disk so that I can re-install it on the new disk. The guidance in windows 10 is woeful and it has failed...
  10. Loading OS on new Hard Drive

Loading OS on new Hard Drive: Hello, I need to replace the Hard Drive. I am of average computer knowledge. Talking with Dell. it doesn't sound very difficult to install the OS win7 using a USB media and the F12 key. Then add in the Drives from my disk I have. Does this sound correct, or will this turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loading windows 10 on new hard drive