Windows 10: Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.

Discus and support Re-login required after computerhas been asleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 has started asking me for the log-in password when it has been asleep. This is new. Up till very recently just moving the mouse or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DodieFlint, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.

Windows 10 has started asking me for the log-in password when it has been asleep. This is new. Up till very recently just moving the mouse or pressing a key would get me back to where I was when the computer entered sleep mode. Very annoying. Is this some sort of Windows update? Any ideas?

:)

DodieFlint, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How to disable keyboard when laptop is asleep?

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the issue on disabling your keyboard when your laptop is asleep. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Type in the command below and press
      Enter
    powercfg -devicedisablewake "exact name of your keyboard"

For example, “Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard”

• When finished, close the elevated command prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Mar 31, 2019
  4. TCanuck42 Win User

Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.

1. Re-login required after computerhas been asleep. - Similar Threads - login required computerhas

2. OneDrive does not login after fresh re-install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive does not login after fresh re-install: Hi, Sometime this year OneDrive stopped logging in to my personal account, but business account is ok. I reinstalled OneDrive app, but it did not fix the condition. Please help!...
  3. Login password required after power saving shut off, why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login password required after power saving shut off, why?: Whilst using netplwiz I have disabled password requirement. (disabled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer) This works fine at booting, or restarting. After a 'power saving-shut off' (probably a sign off?) and reactivating the laptop, I need to enter...
  4. After Win10 October 2018 update Can't login to sites requiring 3rd party login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Win10 October 2018 update Can't login to sites requiring 3rd party login: I got the October update for Win10 that supposedly fixed a problem with the "block 3rd party cookies" feature and now I can't sign in to sites that require a 3rd party user ID and password. This effects services like professional sites that use your login from work and...
  5. Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Screen VS Lock Screen Re: Change Login Screen Picture After Boot: win 10 pro 1709. Home computer. In the 3 plus months since I have had the notebook I have never used the lock screen. I do use the login screen each and every time I power up (I believe I know I can do away with the log in screen but I like it) and I am greeted by the same...
  6. XBox games requiring login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox games requiring login: I reinstalled Windows yesterday, and now XBox games require a login which they never did before. I just installed them a few weeks ago, and they didn't require any logins then, but after reinstalling Windows, now they do. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it? Edit: It...
  7. Windows 10 changed login password by itself while asleep

Windows 10 changed login password by itself while asleep: I have been using the same Windows 10 password to log in upon start and to wake the computer for over a year. Today when I entered that same password to gain access after the computer went to sleep, it no longer worked. I tried every password I could think of, and finally...
  8. Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required

Login screen still appears after removing username/ password required: I used NETPLWIZ to bypass windows login. This worked fine for a while, then all of a sudden the login screen started reappearing but the auto sign in still processed. It's not a train smash, just annoying. How can I get the process to take place without the screen...
  9. Help required re ID Error 414

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help required re ID Error 414: Firstly I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong section. There's been lots of postings on the net regarding this. I have up to 12 errors in Event Viewer relating to this error ID. They appear everytime I start up. I know its about the redundant Media Center but I can't...
  10. Help required re ID Error 414

in Windows 10 Support
    Help required re ID Error 414: Firstly I'm sorry if this question is in the wrong section. There's been lots of postings on the net regarding this. I have up to 12 errors in Event Viewer relating to this error ID. They appear everytime I start up. I know its about the redundant Media Center but I can't...