Windows 10: Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.

Discus and support Re-login required after computerhas been asleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 has started asking me for the log-in password when it has been asleep. This is new. Up till very recently just moving the mouse or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DodieFlint, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.

Windows 10 has started asking me for the log-in password when it has been asleep. This is new. Up till very recently just moving the mouse or pressing a key would get me back to where I was when the computer entered sleep mode. Very annoying. Is this some sort of Windows update? Any ideas?

:)

DodieFlint, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How to disable keyboard when laptop is asleep?

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the issue on disabling your keyboard when your laptop is asleep. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Type in the command below and press
      Enter
    powercfg -devicedisablewake "exact name of your keyboard"

For example, “Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard”

• When finished, close the elevated command prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Mar 31, 2019
  4. TCanuck42 Win User

Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Re-login required after computerhas been asleep.

1. Re-login required after computerhas been asleep. - Similar Threads - login required computerhas

2. Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart: Since I got this laptop ASUS Zephyrus G14 2021, I have been unable to log in without restarting the computer every time it falls asleep. When I try using the fingerprint sensor, it says "Something went wrong. Please try again." When I try to enter my PIN, it says "PIN isn't...
  3. Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login after laptop falls asleep without restart: Since I got this laptop ASUS Zephyrus G14 2021, I have been unable to log in without restarting the computer every time it falls asleep. When I try using the fingerprint sensor, it says "Something went wrong. Please try again." When I try to enter my PIN, it says "PIN isn't...
  4. Login required.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login required.: Before some changes I did, I find I have to signin with my microsoft acct to login on my own computer. How do I change back so i don't have to use a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-required/d16f9fdd-7547-40ba-b7b1-d2b03c1232ea
  5. Login required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login required.: Before some changes I did, I find I have to signin with my microsoft acct to login on my own computer. How do I change back so i don't have to use a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-required/d16f9fdd-7547-40ba-b7b1-d2b03c1232ea
  6. Login required.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Require login??

Require login??: I've asked this question previously last April https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-how-long-until-screen-locks/1a1ce9ab-4739-48f4-8292-c4de376a7cf7. The topic has been closed so I can't reply to it.The replies were appreciated and let me set...
  8. I suspect that my home computerhas been hacked. What do I do?

I suspect that my home computerhas been hacked. What do I do?: Hi, I was tired and clicked a few links that I should have not been clicking last night. After that my computer behaved vierdly. I do have some financial documents, imprtant docs and bank logins saved on this computer. What should I do? AV is Windows Defender. I also ran...
  9. Every program requires every to re-login upon reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every program requires every to re-login upon reboot: Hi Ever since updating windows, I’m having an issue when I reboot my machine that every program/app requires me to login again (eg: adobe, one drive, security software, Microsoft office and even saved logins on chrome). This never used to be the case pre-update, and I can...
  10. login requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login requirements: how do I disable login requirements when I start or awaken my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-requirements/1889fcb9-742b-43d1-9a58-2af590abcb3a