Windows 10: Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

Discus and support Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass few month, my computers... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sam_Lo, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Sam_Lo Win User

Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

Dear Sir/Madam,

===============================================

Over the pass few month, my computers had been being mess up, files missing, password protected files (7z files 15 chars pwd) being openned, more than ten thousands files / folder has moved, deleted, encryptcd, computer slow down. I noticed that this must be done by virus/trojan/malware. So I use most popular virus/trojan/malware scanner to quick, full, offline scan but I found none. So, the last resort is wipe off the computer to install win10, which I obtained by Media Creation Tool, from microsoft website. After do a clean reinstallation, nothing happened for the first few days, then the situation even worse. They use the account information to change the passwords so i couldn't access my email, randomly alter some contains in some files. This makes all my works had to stop. After hundred time's testing, on three computer, I decided to buy a new computer. Obviously, no such virus behaviour happened, the new computer stay peace and clean. So, I use new computer goto the same webpage download the same window.iso by the same Media Creation Tool. I just try to compare both window.iso, and I found some contents are different. I use Media Creation Tool to download and burn to ISO. So, the virus changed the contents while downloading the ISO or what?

icncreate tw-xxx-xxx-xxxx.tmp file at C:/windows/temp directory see the screenshot below:

suspect virus infected screenshot
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1McvNB1W9FHbyGDh1Fc5-VL-elz18ekJ9

suspect virus infected screenshot
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_aouUJOqadVB5T_dfLjm9aaZdIf9NmyU

* the link I used to download windows 10 iso
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

the Media Creator Tool created ISO/USB by my work computer (password:abcd)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-z1oEi2Mkm0LrvepiYGLkQbkOAj42HpA

the Media Creator Tool created clean window 10 installer ISO/USB (password:abcd)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1glXJkqsktomChnrftFWPdKEywo_g6Rgc

:)

Sam_Lo, Jan 1, 2019

2. Windows Media tool creator

• Right-click on the Media Creation Tool.exe.

• Press Properties.

• Click on General.

• At the bottom, click on Unblock.

• Press Apply, and then OK.

Try running the media creation tool again.

If that does not work, download the ISO file directly, create a bootable copy using Rufus:

Step 1: Download Windows 10 ISO Files Directly Using Your Web Browser

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 1, 2019
  3. DavidCHC Win User
    Media Creation Tool will not create ISO or USB image.

Did you even READ my post before answering? Typical Microsoft.

I said the Media Creation Tool will NOT create an ISO or USB image for Windows 10
    after I upgraded my PC using the same tool.

It starts, allows me to select the language, 32 or 64 bit and the location the save the ISO (or the USB drive). But then all I see are spinning white dots for a few minutes but then the application closes.

NOTHING is ever created or saved.

DavidCHC, Jan 1, 2019
  4. DavidCHC Win User

Media Creation Tool will not create ISO or USB image.

I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to successfully upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

But now I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the same PC. So I ran the Media Creation Tool again but this time I chose the option to create media. I selected US English, the 64bit version and create ISO file as my options.

The tool allows me to select a destination folder then switches back to the Media Creation Tool screen but all I see is the spinning dots for about a minute or two but then the screen closes and never finishes. I get no errors, it just stops and no files
    are ever created.

I also tried creating the USB image but the same thing happens. I also tried in Safe Mode and by right-clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator."

How can I create the Windows 10 media files to reinstall cleanly on my PC?

DavidCHC, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB - Similar Threads - Media Creator Tool

2. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  3. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  4. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will my “Media Creation Tool” USB drive get infected?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will my “Media Creation Tool” USB drive get infected?: So I’m gonna use my “Media Creation Tool” USB bootable flash to do a clean install on my virus infected PC. But will doing this cause my USB flash drive to get infected as well? submitted by /u/IngramFTW [link] [comments]...
  6. USB ruined with Media creating tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ruined with Media creating tool: Hi dear community I need help with my usb stick, couple weeks ago I got the windows fall update for my pc and I had just a little space on my C drive, so I found out that I can upgrade using my USB, that's what I did and sadly it didn't go well, the installation stopped half...
  7. Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB

Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB: Dear Sir/Madam, Re: Media Creator Tool create infected ISO/USB =============================================== Over the pass months, my computers had been being files mess up, files missing, password protected files being opened (7z files 15 chars pwd), more than ten...
  8. When will Windows 10 update the ISO (Media Creator Tool)?

When will Windows 10 update the ISO (Media Creator Tool)?: I just tried to refresh install of Windows 10 as I do every so often but today for the first time the only option was a fresh install, cant keep apps and settings as I usually do. I guess this is because the Windows 10 ISO on the MS site is the old version of Windows, so this...
  9. windows 10 media creator tool to USB something happened

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 media creator tool to USB something happened: windows 10 media creator tool to USB getting something happened message after downloading but during creation of files onto USB pen. do I need to go through the whole download process again or are the files kept somewhere allowing me to transfer to the USB pen myself...
  10. W10 pro ISO media creator tool

W10 pro ISO media creator tool: I am trying to keep a USB with latest build of W10 pro handy . I only have a much earlier build of w10 pro . I always like to have one in case I need to do a clean install on my laptop which was updated from win 7 pro to win 10 pro . However when I use the Microsoft site...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media creator infected