Windows 10: re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action

Discus and support re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What type of lawsuit would be the proper way to correct this issue with my PC? Antitrust or fraud?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnonymousUser7, Jul 27, 2020.

1. re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action

What type of lawsuit would be the proper way to correct this issue with my PC? Antitrust or fraud?

:)

AnonymousUser7, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Julie Ram Win User

After Creators update, the OneDrive System tray icon disappeared and I can't access settings. File explorer shows folder but not OneDrive Icon.

Hi Andrew,

If OneDrive application doesn't appear on your system tray after performing the steps given above, here's an additional resolution on how to get back your OneDrive icon. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • In the Run window, enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK.
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar disappears and then re-appears after a minute or two.
    • If the OneDrive icon doesn't re-appear after a few minutes, open the Run window again and enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Do update us with the result and if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Jul 27, 2020
  3. doylebob Win User
    OneDrive keeps crashing in Windows 10

Hi,

Quick update. This fixed it for me:

I suggest you to try resetting OneDrive and check if it helps you in resolving the issue. To do so refer the steps below:

Be aware that resetting OneDrive re-syncs all your OneDrive files, which could take some time depending on how many files you’re syncing.

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run
      Window
    • In the Run Window enter the following:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK. The OneDrive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.
    • If the OneDrive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following. In the Run Window Enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

doylebob, Jul 27, 2020
  4. re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action

OneDrive ixon missing from system tray

Desktop PC has been powered off for several months. When it was powered up on Sat. the OneDrive icon was missing from th System tray. Starting OneDrive opens the webpage. Opening OneDrive from File Explorer shows very few files.

I have reinstalled OneDrive from the store twice without any change.

I have tried most of the suggestions in other threads without success. Any others steps I can try?

DanielSoderquist, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action

1. re: Microsoft advertising OneDrive in the system tray as a recommended security action - Similar Threads - Microsoft advertising OneDrive

2. What does it mean when windows security app tray has recommended actions and there are no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does it mean when windows security app tray has recommended actions and there are no...: I've already checked Windows Security and searched app & browser control and turned all settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-when-windows-security-app-tray/7a3555dc-756b-46d4-a78d-3579ebd0e3e6
  3. Windows Security - Actions needed only in system tray.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security - Actions needed only in system tray.: Hello,Windows Defender has been reporting a problem for several days, but only in the system tray. When I click on it, nothing shows up. I tried turning real time protection off and on again. I did a manual update and a full scan didn't find any threats. I've also done a...
  4. Windows Security - Actions needed only in system tray.

Windows Security - Actions needed only in system tray.: Hello,Windows Defender has been reporting a problem for several days, but only in the system tray. When I click on it, nothing shows up. I tried turning real time protection off and on again. I did a manual update and a full scan didn't find any threats. I've also done a...
  5. windows 11 security actions recommended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 security actions recommended: it's microsoft sending updates that causes chaos on the internet ?????Any ideas why its still showing as yellow alert under bar icons????HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotifyDelete the ‘Icon Streams’ and ‘Past...
  6. windows 11 security actions recommended

windows 11 security actions recommended: it's microsoft sending updates that causes chaos on the internet ?????Any ideas why its still showing as yellow alert under bar icons????HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotifyDelete the ‘Icon Streams’ and ‘Past...
  7. Windows Security - Actions recommended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Actions recommended: I have a new computer and just went through the set up. Windows 11. My shield icon in the bottom right has a yellow triangle w/ a !. When I hover over it, it says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I've been all over settings>windows security. I see nothing that needs...
  8. Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed

Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed: So I just noticed that there is a yellow error on the Windows Security Tray and it says "Action Recommended" but when I open the windows security app there is no action needed. I need help.Currently Using Windows 11 21H2 22000.856...
  9. windows security-action recommended

windows security-action recommended: why does my windows security inform at least once or twice a week-action recommend. i respond by trying to do a short scan but the recommendation remain the same help...
  10. security icon, actions recommended

security icon, actions recommended: since i 1st updated my new laptop 3 weeks ago i have seen a "!" on my security icon and it says actions recommended. when i open the security dashboard all icons virus protect, account, firewall/netwok, app browser control, device security and performance and health are all...