Windows 10: Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam

Discus and support Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently, I received a telephone call from someone telling me that "Microsoft was ordered to close its technical services and I have paid for the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sherridavids, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam

Recently, I received a telephone call from someone telling me that "Microsoft was ordered to close its technical services and I have paid for the services and was due a refund. I called the telephone number provided in the message. The caller was from PAKISTAN AND ASKED ME HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THE TECHNICAL SERVICES. I made up an amount and he said I was due a refund of $199 (this amount will vary depending upon the initial amount you give the caller).

Next he asked me to be in front of my computer so he could start the refund process.

Next he asked me to press Microsoft button on my keyboard + R. This will lead to a box where you are instructed to enter: TAKESUPPORT.US

Next he asks if you are there and to press ENTER. Ha ha ha...… at that point I asked a few questions and he called me a MF and hung up.

Here is the voice mail phone number left by the original scam caller: 888-653-61295

Here is the PHONE number he used to call me back because he thought we were disconnected: 209-331-5994

I TOLD THE CALLER I HAD MICROSOFT SECURITY ON THE LINE AND HE HUNG UP.

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

sherridavids, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Telephone numbers showing as links in Microsoft Edge Browser

When viewing my web site pages in Microsoft Edge browser, all the telephone numbers appear as links even though they are not.

When I view pages using Firefox they look like an ordinary list of telephone numbers as they should. They also look like ordinary telephone number on my tablet

Any idea how I can stop them looking like links when I use Microsoft Edge Browser

Thanks in anticipation

Islanderuk, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam

-Telephone scam advising that I needed to renew my Microsoft license .

Suspected phone scam.

Telephone number is 855-328-4888. Two calls left on my home phone.

Creative Spaces, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam

1. Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam - Similar Threads - Microsoft Telephone Scam

2. Scam re Defender AutoRenewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam re Defender AutoRenewall: I just received this suspicious email. I am sure it is a scam and I will not call their number. Would like to see these scammers put in prison. From:Leonardo Ricardo<*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:13 AM To:...
  3. Telephone Call from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telephone Call from Microsoft: I received a telephone call from 1-913-348-7459 this morning from a technician from Microsoft--supposedly. The tech had a foreign accent and said my computer was sending Microsoft information from my computer, but he did not tell me it was from my laptop or desktop. He...
  4. Latest telephone ransom scam?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest telephone ransom scam?: I had a call today from a lady purporting to be from the Microsoft Technical Dept. She said my computer had some problems which is true, because I have been trying to fix the boot failure problem for 2 days now. and she can help by referring me to one of her technical...
  5. Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft

Telephone Scammers Claiming To Be Microsoft: I received a call today from telephone number 817-402-0091, Alvarado, TX. I didn't answer as I know it's a scam call. A message was left that my subscription was about to expire and I needed to call them or my credit card would be charged $299. I've reported these type of...
  6. Spoofing Microsoft - Telephone scam - Fraudulent Webpage - Ransoms

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spoofing Microsoft - Telephone scam - Fraudulent Webpage - Ransoms: Microsoft as of yet, does not have an easy way to notify the proper people in security of scams representing to be from MicroSoft. Impersonating a tradename / trademark is a federal offence. Microsoft makes it difficult to notify their security of these types of...
  7. telephone scam

telephone scam: Receive telephone call supposedly from Microsoft saying they want to refund my fee. state that my IPA has been corrupted and I will need a new one. Want me to punch 1 on my phone to be transferred to tech. My caller id shows the number of the caller as my own phone number....
  8. telephone scams

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    telephone scams: I have recently received telephone calls from someone, a Peter Smith - Micro employee: MSW976, claiming to be associated with Microsoft regarding a Microsoft program I 'installed' two years ago and it would be renewed at a charge of $299 if I did not act promptly or that I...
  9. Re: Scam Artist ReImage

Re: Scam Artist ReImage: This Scam crashed onto my computer via the internet, masquerading as Microsoft initially. Once I found out once it was, I exited. Unfortunately, they installed themselves as an app with seven sub apps. According to the computer, the file is located on the hard drive. I...
  10. Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls

Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls: We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will...