Windows 10: RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV

Discus and support RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I bought and received a Mini Display Port to HDMI TV adaptor from Amazon.ca. I bought it because I need it to connect my Surface tablets to TV.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by davidhk, Jan 15, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV

I bought and received a Mini Display Port to HDMI TV adaptor from Amazon.ca.
    I bought it because I need it to connect my Surface tablets to TV.

Well I received it today and tried it.
    It works perfectly with my old Surface Pro1, but not on my Surface 3 ( it says No Signal on Surface 3 ).

Does anyone have an idea why is that ?

Details about the adaptor :
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00A5K7NTQ/...394800_TE_dp_1

excerpt from the link above :
    ..... supports computer systems including Win XP/Win 7/Vista/Win 8 (32/64bit) and above.

:)

davidhk, Jan 15, 2018
  2. VinceOlds Win User

microsoft wireless display adaptor hook up problems

Have an old Acer laptop and have hooked up wireless adaptor to HDMI and USB ports on smart tv monitor, downloaded msoft wireless adaptor app, tv screen set to hdmi display with prompts showing for connection but cannot connect from app. do not have touch
    screen. Have Window 10. Tried reboot, and reload of app several times but PC cannot seem to find adaptor to connect.

VinceOlds, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Applications aren't fitting in the application window on Windows 10

Depending on the TV you may not need a cable. E.g. does the TV support Miracast? Press Win-k and see if you can find a wireless display device that way. Also even if the TV isn't that advanced you could use a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter to achieve
    the same result. Besides an HDMI port you would need a USB power port from somewhere.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 15, 2018
  4. RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV

Caledon Ken, Jan 16, 2018
  5. davidhk Win User
    Yes. I had read that plus many hours of googling.

RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV [​IMG]

You see, the issue is .......... the mini display adaptor works in an older Surface Pro1 but not a newer Surface 3. Both devices have mini display port.

davidhk, Jan 16, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV

1. RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV - Similar Threads - Mini Display Port

2. I'm not able to display dual monitors and the usb port is not recognising the HDMI adaptor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not able to display dual monitors and the usb port is not recognising the HDMI adaptor...: I can't display dual monitors on Window 11 new laptop HDMI is not recognised as a display. Need help or advise please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-display-dual-monitors-and-the-usb/06552d05-45e4-4fcd-ae18-a27df57f9edd
  3. I'm not able to display dual monitors and the usb port is not recognising the HDMI adaptor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm not able to display dual monitors and the usb port is not recognising the HDMI adaptor...: I can't display dual monitors on Window 11 new laptop HDMI is not recognised as a display. Need help or advise please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-display-dual-monitors-and-the-usb/06552d05-45e4-4fcd-ae18-a27df57f9edd
  4. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  5. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  6. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Display vs HDMI Ports

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display vs HDMI Ports: Which to use is the Question. I built a computer (never done that before) to use 4 monitors. My video card (not a gamer) is a Nvidia Quadro P-1000 which has 4 display mini outputs with connectors for large display connection outputs. I bought - Display to HDMI cables for use...
  8. Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 display port/hdmi to TV audio problem: I have already availed myself of the suggested community fixes for this problem and want to share what I have learned. The Intel audio driver I have is up to date. I have disabled both the Win 10 speaker and HD audio devices. This allows the Intel driver to load, which is...
  9. Display port for HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port for HDMI not working: I cannot get the second monitor to work. It seems there is no output signal from display port for HDMI. I'm wondering if there is some setting that need to be done? (The monitor (HP LA2306x) is working fine with another computer)...
  10. display port to hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display port to hdmi no signal: when i connect a dvi or hdmi from my gtx 780 to my acer H274HL Monitor all works fine but when i want to connect display port cable on my gtx 780 and the other side is hdmi that goes to my monitor than there is no signal at all i am running windows 10 64 bit enterprise and...