Windows 10: Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.

Discus and support Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How Do I Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name? I Have about 2,000 folders all different names, want to put all their contents into a Single Folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PC User 007, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.

How Do I Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name?

I Have about 2,000 folders all different names, want to put all their contents into a Single Folder.

So if I rename all the folders to the same name, that should do it.

:)

PC User 007, Jun 2, 2020
  2. red268 Win User

Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Jun 2, 2020
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.

1. Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name. - Similar Threads - Name Multiple Folders

2. Multiple folders and files with the same names Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple folders and files with the same names Windows 11.: Multiple folders and files with same name suddenly appearing.Why is this happening. It starts off with me trying to consolidate my files and having them all have the same stuff in the folders on C: F: and USB J: drives. For instance, each have a folder named pictures. But...
  3. Multiple folders and files with the same names Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple folders and files with the same names Windows 11.: Multiple folders and files with same name suddenly appearing.Why is this happening. It starts off with me trying to consolidate my files and having them all have the same stuff in the folders on C: F: and USB J: drives. For instance, each have a folder named pictures. But...
  4. Multiple Folders with the same name in one folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Folders with the same name in one folder: Hey i found this weird glitch. there are multiple folders with the same name in one folder and they cannot be deleted. i posted a pic of it below. I have other ones in that exact folder too which are multiplied. i kinda wanna delete one of those but it wont let me. submitted...
  5. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  6. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  7. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  8. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  9. Folders with the same name

10. Multiple files with same name

Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...