Windows 10: Re-naming Notepad Documents

Discus and support Re-naming Notepad Documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently read a 2016 post seeking information on renaming a Windows Notepad text document. The procedure is simple and straight forward. Locate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VirgilKillebrew, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Re-naming Notepad Documents

I recently read a 2016 post seeking information on renaming a Windows Notepad text document. The procedure is simple and straight forward. Locate the file in your 'documents' folder (or wherever you've saved it.)

Right-click on the document (do not open it) then scroll down the options drop-down list, near the bottom is the 'rename' option. Click it, enter new name and press 'enter'. Voila!

:)

VirgilKillebrew, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

3. Romel Ram Win User
    how can edit the format of documents in notepad

Hi Ramon,

We understand that you'd like to edit the format of documents using Notepad application.

If you're trying to open an Office document like Word or Excel using Notepad, be informed that since the app only detect pure text, it will lose all the format and objects originally came with the document.

You can follow these steps to open a document in Notepad:

1. Right-click the document file.

2. Select Open With, and select Notepad. If not its not on the list, click
    Choose another app.

3. Select Notepad, and click OK.

Kindly post back if you have further concerns.

Romel Ram, Aug 13, 2019
  4. john barr Win User

Re-naming Notepad Documents

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

i dont know what the problem is , looks like i need to format C

john barr, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Re-naming Notepad Documents

1. Re-naming Notepad Documents - Similar Threads - naming Notepad Documents

2. bring back document on notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bring back document on notepad: my computer died and i wasnt able to save my document can i bring up the document that i wasnt able to save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bring-back-document-on-notepad/ad5fded8-087c-42a1-80a4-25da4122847f
  3. bring back document on notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bring back document on notepad: my computer died and i wasnt able to save my document can i bring up the document that i wasnt able to save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bring-back-document-on-notepad/ad5fded8-087c-42a1-80a4-25da4122847f
  4. finding a lost notepad document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    finding a lost notepad document: I created a short document yesterday on Notepad. When I tried to print it, it would not respond and print. Now I cannot find this document anywhere, and I did not delete it. The history of documents shows my search for it, but also says not found; no bytes used. where did...
  5. re installation of notepad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    re installation of notepad: 2 weeks ago i reset my pc. after that notepad is not exist in my pc, it got automatically deleted. And i tried to download all new windows notepad from store.but it not fulfills my system requirements.so can anyone tell me how to re install in build notepad version....
  6. Re naming

in Windows 10 Support
    Re naming: [img] I'm trying to rename this file but it won't let me. I close everything out and it still won't let me rename the file. In Windows 7 I never had this problem? 123064
  7. notepad document format?

notepad document format?: i get gobble de gook when i try to open a saved document in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/notepad-document-format/56ca0d7b-59d5-44fa-bfbc-b3a68e17b3da
  8. how to find a saved document from notepad. file name unkown

how to find a saved document from notepad. file name unkown: help to find document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/how-to-find-a-saved-document-from-notepad-file/e3af08d5-9f76-4a32-b3d1-409932be885e
  9. Notepad document

Notepad document: Help Help Help My daughters notepad document has turned into the below. I desperately need to retrieve, any help would be much appreciated! ###################################################################################...
  10. accidently deleted notepad document

accidently deleted notepad document: I accidently deleted a notepad document. Can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/accidently-deleted-notepad-document/a9ab6603-e143-489d-92d6-4bf64ea53e12

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NOTEPAD RENAME

2. naming of notepad files

3. naming folder in notepad

4. renaming notepad