Windows 10: Re naming

Discus and support Re naming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I'm trying to rename this file but it won't let me. I close everything out and it still won't let me rename the file. In Windows 7 I never had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Re naming

Re naming [​IMG]

I'm trying to rename this file but it won't let me. I close everything out and it still won't let me rename the file. In Windows 7 I never had this problem?

:)

lostsoul65, Dec 7, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 7, 2018
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Re naming

X800 GTO² to X850 XT BIOS Mod

powercolor x800gto

Is it possible to do the modding from the article here step by step with this card and have it work?
    It's not sapphire and it isn't named gto2.

Any suggestions?

I surely hope so because I just ordered the Powercolor x800gto !

cheers
    Michael

Unregistered, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Re naming

1. Re naming - Similar Threads - naming

2. Windows 10 all names of icons and in dialog boxes gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 all names of icons and in dialog boxes gone: This happens after every start of Windows! Windows 10 has all updates. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-all-names-of-icons-and-in-dialog-boxes/50614600-23fd-4272-bea7-e5ae8ebf23c9
  3. Additional DNS suffixes not checked if there's a dot in the partial domain name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Additional DNS suffixes not checked if there's a dot in the partial domain name: Windows has always had the "Append these DNS suffixes" list in network adapter (IPv4) properties. However, there's a difference in behavior between nslookup.exe and windows itself. I wish I could find a workaround for this... I have a forest of domains, names masked for...
  4. How do I have my actual network name show? Not "network" (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I have my actual network name show? Not "network" (windows 10): I want the actual name of my network to show up when I hover over the "network" icon in my system tray. Actually, more to the point, I want my actual network name to be what my PC shows up as being connected to, so that it can also speak to my wireless appliances. Right...
  5. Random app named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" showing up on start menu

Random app named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" showing up on start menu: So I had a couple of updates that were installed this weekend and I noticed this random "other" section in my start menu all the way at the bottom. It only has one "app" in the list and it's named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" I tried to pull it up in the app store by...
  6. Ascii name for folder is now squares.

Ascii name for folder is now squares.: I had a folder I used with the ascii symbol ♪ as the name of the folder. After the latest Windows 10 update, that folder's name is now a square. When I try to paste the ♪ symbol back as the name, it still shows up as a square. It would seem Windows 10 dropped support for...
  7. Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10

Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10: Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-file-name-extensions-or-hidden-files-and/43cf200c-faf7-49d4-ba83-306d66e35494
  8. Account name not changing.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name not changing.: I made a new account for my windows 10 pc, and the name is zakwaan ali. I don't want that name so I checked settings with admin but there were no change name option. So I checked online and used run and put netplwiz. There I changed the full name and after I signed out the...
  9. Change user folder name on Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode

Change user folder name on Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode: Hello, I just setup my laptop. Under the C:/Users folder it automatically created a folder using the first five characters of my email address. How can I change the name of this folder? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, John...
  10. User Name I don't Recognise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Name I don't Recognise: I've noticed a user appearing in my Event Viewer. I also found the user by digging through the registry - not under any obvious users but when I click into various keys re permissions I can see it there. Could this user be appearing because they are part of our Microsoft...