Windows 10: Re-open Programs After Restart

Discus and support Re-open Programs After Restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Example: I want this currently opened Notepad file, that I'm using right now, to re-open once I restart the computer. I'm aware of the option that you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Oct 12, 2019.

1. pepanee Win User

Re-open Programs After Restart

Example: I want this currently opened Notepad file, that I'm using right now, to re-open once I restart the computer.

I'm aware of the option that you can select to re-open Windows Explorer windows, and I like that option. Yet I want another option to re-open everything else that I have open on the screen right now.

Does anyone know of a method to do that, or a 3rd party program that does this, etc?

Thanks

:)

pepanee, Oct 12, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Re-open Programs After Restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Re-open Programs After Restart

PC will not restart

I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your antivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the
    Re-open Programs After Restart 7W6b39o.png
    keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

Re-open Programs After Restart 0JgaJnG.png

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

Re-open Programs After Restart yIKrmLs.png

7. Click on Apply then OK

Re-open Programs After Restart ljHR4ZW.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

8. Divide the number of these startup services and programs by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.

9. If the problem doesn't return in those services and programs remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and programs and restart the computer.

10. When you find which half the service or program is in go on to the next step.

11. The half which has the service causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Do the same for the programs. Restart the computer.

12. If it isn't in the first half of these services and programs, do the same with the last half of the services and programs.

13. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services and programs remove the checks one at a time till you find the service or program at fault.

Once you have found the service or program post it in your topic. Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

FreeBooter, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Re-open Programs After Restart

1. Re-open Programs After Restart - Similar Threads - open Programs Restart

2. no access after login, must restart to open any programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no access after login, must restart to open any programs: no access after login, must restart to open any programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-access-after-login-must-restart-to-open-any/d64bd0a5-36b1-4588-bfdc-4f405ce0fb74
  3. no access after login, must restart to open any programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no access after login, must restart to open any programs: no access after login, must restart to open any programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-access-after-login-must-restart-to-open-any/d64bd0a5-36b1-4588-bfdc-4f405ce0fb74
  4. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  5. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart: I am using Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044I have become a fan of the Task View and currently have 11 named Tasks.Under each task, I have specific files of Microsoft programs open such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Edge.In computer restart, I would love not to...
  6. Windows 10 re-opens all programs after shutdown / restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Stop Windows from re-opening programs after restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows from re-opening programs after restart?: I don't want this feature. I've never wanted it. I don't kick my power button by mistake. I have a UPS. I'm responsible enough to save what I'm working on in frequent intervals. I do not experience data loss. I'm sick of Windows opening Excel, my email and browser back up....
  8. Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop re-opening of apps after restart!!!: I have a problem where every time I restart my computer, Chrome opens a new window. Either it'll open my previous tabs, or if I beat it to it, it'll open a new window. This happens about 1 minute after logging in. I know that Win10 devs, in all their glorious lack of...
  9. Opening program seems to cause restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening program seems to cause restart: Microsoft Solitaire Collection TriPeaks seems to be the cause.Can anyone suggest, why this should be? I know it could be coincidence, but it has happened three times this week. 76983
  10. How do I stop Win10 re-opening programs after Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop Win10 re-opening programs after Updates: I might still have 20 programs open at work when I go home. I come back in the morning and my pc has restarted due to Windows Updates. When I login, Windows then tries to automatically re-open all of those 20 programs after login. Can I stop that from happening? It's...