Windows 10: Re-opening of files

Discus and support Re-opening of files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I restored Windows 10 lately because of abundance of viruses. By the time Windows 10 had been restored, I was no longer able to open MS Office and PDF... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YannKeumoeTchouankem, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Re-opening of files

I restored Windows 10 lately because of abundance of viruses. By the time Windows 10 had been restored, I was no longer able to open MS Office and PDF files. In fact, in the end of each file's name was added the extension ".iecmqph". I have unsuccessfully tried by renaming files already. I wish I could pull through the status quo. I am open to any suggestions should anyone want and be able to lend me a hand. Thank you in advance.

:)

YannKeumoeTchouankem, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 15, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Re-opening of files :)

jaydeee, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Re-opening of files

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Re-opening of files

1. Re-opening of files - Similar Threads - opening files

2. Windows 10 Keeps Changing App that PDF Files Open In

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Keeps Changing App that PDF Files Open In: At least once a week I download a PDF File and when I open it, it's in some strange App that has no name. When I try to "Open As" in Adobe, I must reset my File Apps page to open PDF Files in Adobe. How do I stop Windows from hi-jacking my PDF Files and trying to force me...
  3. Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option: I save my emails to C: drive so I can refer to the email later without having to search for it in my mail software. If I then want to print the email I go to the folder I saved it to and choose to open it in Windows Mail. When I do that, I can read the email but there are...
  4. iPhone Backup - files will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iPhone Backup - files will not open: I just backed up my iPhone XS to my Microsoft Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 and I cannot open any of the MOV or JPG, MP4, PNG, AAE, and QUICKTIME MOVIE. The files just downloaded differently, not sure why because all of my storage is only videos and photos (screen shots)....
  5. "Open" command in Context Menu on EXE files Showing Wrong

"Open" command in Context Menu on EXE files Showing Wrong: Dear All, I made a mistake with registry editing because I thought that some files were not opening. Fortunately, it turned out okay, but this has left me with a strange problem. Whilst opening EXE files, the context menu displays the code "%1" %1, which I remember from the...
  6. set default open folder in Windows File Explorer

set default open folder in Windows File Explorer: I've searched the internet and tried lots of things, but I cannot set a default opening folder for Windows File Explorer in Windows 10. Please advise. And thanks....
  7. Error message when try to open .dwg file (AutoCAD), Missing NLS files.

Error message when try to open .dwg file (AutoCAD), Missing NLS files.: Dear All,, hope you have a good day I have this screen Appear when I try to open a .dwg file in autoCAD I tried many times to solve the problem from AutoCAD file side but it did not work what they suggest that I have a missing NLS files in my system causes this message to...
  8. Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does open on a .ini file just open the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903?: Does open on a .ini (configuration setting) file just open (not run) the file in Notepad in Windows 10 1903? Right-clicking shows open and edit on .ini....
  9. Error message when try to open .dwg file (AutoCAD), Missing NLS files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message when try to open .dwg file (AutoCAD), Missing NLS files.: Dear All,, hope you have a good day I have this screen Appear when I try to open a .dwg file in autoCAD I tried many times to solve the problem from AutoCAD file side but it did not work what they suggest that I have a missing NLS files in my system causes this message to...
  10. I can't Open Files on Onedrive

I can't Open Files on Onedrive: I have this one Word document where whenever I try to open it in online Word, it says 404 Not Found. On desktop Word, it says, "Sorry, we couldn't find https://xxxxxxxxxxxx****/personal/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.docx?xxxxxxxxxxxxx=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=xxxx. Is it possible it was...