Windows 10: Re-opening of files

Discus and support Re-opening of files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I restored Windows 10 lately because of abundance of viruses. By the time Windows 10 had been restored, I was no longer able to open MS Office and PDF... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YannKeumoeTchouankem, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Re-opening of files

I restored Windows 10 lately because of abundance of viruses. By the time Windows 10 had been restored, I was no longer able to open MS Office and PDF files. In fact, in the end of each file's name was added the extension ".iecmqph". I have unsuccessfully tried by renaming files already. I wish I could pull through the status quo. I am open to any suggestions should anyone want and be able to lend me a hand. Thank you in advance.

:)

YannKeumoeTchouankem, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 15, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Re-opening of files :)

jaydeee, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Re-opening of files

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Re-opening of files

1. Re-opening of files - Similar Threads - opening files

2. Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to open .obj file in Mixed Reality viewer error 'couldn't load 3d model'.: I downloaded an obj. file from the internet thenI opened it in rhino after saving it again into obj. the file I could not open it into mixed reality viewer as it is showing an error 'couldn't load 3d model' **Original Title** MIXED REALITY VIEWER...
  3. Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 JScript Text File Open/Close -- File not really closed!: This is a flaw in Win-10. Explanation follows. I write a lot of programs in JScript. (This has nothing to do with web development, I'm using JScript as a scripting language.) I have a certain function I use a lot, called "log( )". You give it a string, and it copies the...
  4. My .dll files open as notepad all the time!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My .dll files open as notepad all the time!: How can i fix .dll files opening as notepad? System: Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dll-files-open-as-notepad-all-the-time/57c2b67f-5772-40f1-88a2-39833244bbda"
  5. Fix for canoscan toolbox unable to open file. Twain driver Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fix for canoscan toolbox unable to open file. Twain driver Windows 10: I have been using a Canon Lide 60 with scanner Windows 7 and then Windows 10. Canoscan Toolbox and driver are installed using Troubleshoot Compatibility. But after updating to 1803 I got an error message "canoscan toolbox unable to open file".Research indicated this is...
  6. How do I open retrieved files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I open retrieved files?: I just purchased a new HP computer Windows 10. I used the Western Digital software to retrieve the files that I had on my old computer (laptop) that I had stored on a Western Digital external hard drive (MY Passport} The files were successfully retrieved as far as I can...
  7. how to open wim files

how to open wim files: i backed up my files, folders, pictures on a usb drive before it crashed. Purchased a new computer everything loaded, windows 10, now putting in the usb drive everthing is wim files, how do you open them...
  8. File Explorer opens randomly after i restart it with admin. privileges

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer opens randomly after i restart it with admin. privileges: Hi, i have a problem and is that yesterday my pc was lagging because i had a 3d rendering software eating all the RAM, so all the other tasks suffer lagging as a consecuence, so i decided to close everything except task manager and the program. When it finished, i used the...
  9. Unable to Open File Explorer

Unable to Open File Explorer: Dear Team, I am unable to open file explorer or any other folders on my windows 10 desktop. I tried almost all the methods suggested in the online search results but nothing. When i click on any folder or File Explorer icon on task bar, it just dosent give any response at...
  10. Opening files

Opening files: I can't open my Word or Excel and my files menu is not opening when I click ALT+V https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-files/62fb5e0f-7f60-47b6-a1ba-b920813a3c9a"