Windows 10: re-opening of the line-skipping in email reply edits.

Discus and support re-opening of the line-skipping in email reply edits. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Despite getting all the latest software from Asus, the problem still occurs. I suspect that it is not so much a touchpad driver issue as a mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Owen N, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Owen N Win User

re-opening of the line-skipping in email reply edits.

Despite getting all the latest software from Asus, the problem still occurs. I suspect that it is not so much a touchpad driver issue as a mouse

driver issue. That "scroll on hover over inactive windows" command looked suspicious, so I turned that off.

Do you handle mouse driver issues, or should I look on the ASUS website? I saw the touchpad download, but no generic mouse drivers.

I haven't noticed a problem on original text, just insert-edits. The mouse I have is a logitech M171 wireless, with a radio plug into a usb port.

I will look at the update mouse driver command. Can I force it to use a specific logitech driver?

I downloaded Logitech options. It identified the mouse, but does not offer to change drivers, which are HID-compliant mouse, microsoft, 21/06/2006

The problem appears to be that the end-of-line wrap is firing off early, and sometimes inserting into another line.

My email retest just showed unpredictable line wrap.

On the forum re-edit, the early line wrap is going to the start of the next text line, instead of opening a new line.

This is definitely not a mouse driver problem, but a basic windows text editing bug with line wraps.

I get it in Thunderbird and Chrome.

Should I put this in as a system bug report?

I notice if I also accidently hit the ALT button while typing, I get all sorts of interesting things being inserted into the text. They look like text segments I have previously typed into Google search, for example.-possibly this is coming from the Chrome browser.

If Microsoft would fix Edge to have similar features to Chrome, I would use it instantly.

I particularly like the ability to create desktop url files, as it fits with my data management system.

:)

Owen N, Dec 1, 2020

2. Replying to an email from Windows Phone 7 device with a subject line, this shows as (no subject) in Outlook 2010

Hi Sergio,

For example:

• I send you and email in Outlook 2010 with the subject "Windows Phone 7 Issue" on 24th Jan

(their is no change or editing of the subject line from this point)
    • You reply to my email, on the 25th Jan
    • I reply to your email using Outlook 2010 on the 26th Jan
    • You reply to my email, on the 27th Jan
    • I reply to your email using my Windows Phone Device on the 28th Jan
    • You reply to my email, on the 29th Jan

Opening Outlook 2010 and checking the "Show as Conversations" check box under View in the ribbon.

What I see is the following:

• Windows Phone 7 Issue

>Sergio 29-Jan-11

>Sergio 27-Jan-11

> Sent Items

>Sergio 25-Jan-11

> Sent Items

Searching for "Windows Phone 7 Issue" I find the WP7 email, however it is unde the subject (no subject):

• (no subject)

> Sent Items
    Opening the WP7 email in Outlook 2010, I clearly see the subject as "Windows Phone 7 Issue" - the same occurs when viewing on the WP7 device.

This is not limited to replying, but also forwarding. In Outlook 2010 with "Show as Coversations" enabled I always see a complete email trail of all replies, fowards, and recieved email from all accounts -EXECPT my WP7 emails. All WP7 emails,
    regardless of subject appear in the (no subject) conversation thread.

Hope this helps

ForgedAnvil, Dec 1, 2020
  3. email contacts

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add an email to your contacts, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Open Yahoo Mail, click on the Contacts icon.
    2. Now click on a contact.
    3. Click Edit Details.
    4. Add email address to the contact.
    5. Click Save.

If you are using Mail App and want to edit contacts stored in People App, I suggest you to refer to following article under
    Edit contacts
    for steps to edit the contact and add an email.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 1, 2020
  4. re-opening of the line-skipping in email reply edits.

how to let a clicked notification of a new email in the notification center, let you open that email in a Outlkook 2016 (locally installed) instead of the Mail app?

More information ...

I tried also with another PC, a Surface 3 one and the Outlook 2016 issue related to Notification Center is the same even doing all the steps previously suggested: this time all the new email are listed in the Notification Center but always greyed a, when
    clicked, no email is opened.

PS: I had to reply, because I could not even modify the previous post (clicking to "... " did not open the editing mode: is there something wrong with this Community forum??

Enzo Contini, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

re-opening of the line-skipping in email reply edits.

1. re-opening of the line-skipping in email reply edits. - Similar Threads - opening line skipping

2. How to reply Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reply Email: Hi, It is confusing. I get an email saying that I have not replied. When I reply to the email I get the blocked message.So where and how do you reply the following email.We have noticed that you haven’t replied to our last responses. We would like to know if the issue you...
  3. How to reply Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reply Email: Hi, It is confusing. I get an email saying that I have not replied. When I reply to the email I get the blocked message.So where and how do you reply the following email.We have noticed that you haven’t replied to our last responses. We would like to know if the issue you...
  4. Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail problem can't open or reply to emails: For a while now - since all the recent updates - I've been getting duplicate emails every day, and now I can't open any of them, nor reply. When I do the program just stalls and I cannot shut it down unless I use Taskmanager. Help please!...
  5. cannot open old emails searched on line.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot open old emails searched on line.: If I search on line for old emails ,they will come up as searched however, when I click on one it opens for 2 seconds and scrolls through the rest of them one by until they are all gone. Cannot read any..... what can I do to read emails?...
  6. re-opening of the line-skipping in email reply edits.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    re-opening of the line-skipping in email reply edits.: Despite getting all the latest software from Asus, the problem still occurs. I suspect that it is not so much a touchpad driver issue as a mouse driver issue. That "scroll on hover over inactive windows" command looked suspicious, so I turned that off. Do you handle mouse...
  7. Can't reply to email

Can't reply to email: I have the habit of saving some of my emails as .eml in my pc. Unfortunately though, when re-opening them, they do only that. They open up but I can't reply to them, forward them or anything. I simply have no toolbar or anything similar at the top of my emails. How can I...
  8. Reply to email blocked

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reply to email blocked: When i attempted to respond to an email received from answer.microsoft.com it was blocked. microsoft-commaxprotection.outback.com diagnostic code:smtp:550 5.4.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reply-to-email-blocked/0b396aac-eb2c-4f5c-95c9-66572cddb0a1
  9. Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

Windows 10 Mail adds "RE: RE: RE:" on replies: The Windows 10 Mail app is adding "RE:" to every message I reply to in the same email thread. Email subject lines have "RE: RE: RE: RE:" and so on unless I delete the new "RE:" each time. How can I fix this? This does not happen when I use the gmail website....
  10. Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies

Windows Mail "RE: RE: RE:" on replies: When using the windows email app in Windows 10, it has started adding another "RE" to each new message I reply to on a thread, so email subjects have "RE: RE: RE: RE:" and so on unless I delete the new "RE:." Is there a way to fix this, it has only started happenning...