Windows 10: Re Photos since last windows update

Discus and support Re Photos since last windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; since the last update on windows 10, I have been unable to view my photos from the thumbnails. Every time I get the same error code -2147219195 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sandwich1J, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Re Photos since last windows update

since the last update on windows 10, I have been unable to view my photos from the thumbnails. Every time I get the same error code -2147219195 and -2147219196.

is there an answer to this, or is there a patch coming from Microsoft?

:)

Sandwich1J, Oct 6, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Re Photos since last windows update :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 6, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Re Photos since last windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Re Photos since last windows update

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Re Photos since last windows update

1. Re Photos since last windows update - Similar Threads - Photos since last

2. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Photo Viewer fades picture on load - since last update?

Photo Viewer fades picture on load - since last update?: I'm guessing there was an update recently with Windows 10 that also made changes to the Photos app...I'm on Windows 10 Pro.Since whatever update was done, I noticed that when I open a photo in the viewer, the full colour shows for a split second then it fades washes out a...
  6. Since the last update on windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since the last update on windows: 1 my printer software which is 32 bit refuses to work ,hence I now have a printer that doesn't work .The printer my be old but still works fine . HP printer Office Jet 6500 E 709 it also appears that Hp no longer provide updates . Also Digital Image which I know is quite old...
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Photos App not working properly since last update...

Photos App not working properly since last update...: Since the last update of this app to - Microsoft Photos 2019.19051.12930.0 when you select a photo and then display the information of the photo using the File Information from the drop-down menu, the link to - Open Map no longer works ... If you repeatedly click...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos problem since last windows update