Windows 10: Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10

Discus and support Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there. I just got a new computer that is Windows based and logged on into it and then a few days ago, I received this message. Did you send it to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David J Litvak, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10

Hello there. I just got a new computer that is Windows based and logged on into it and then a few days ago, I received this message. Did you send it to me or is it a scam? if it is legit, someone hacked my new computer when I logged into Windows. If you could please clarify this, I would appreciate it. Thanks. Here is the messagerror Code: MS04JW We have detected unusual activity on Your windows account computer. Login has occurred on 01/31/2020 @ 4:55 AM EST From IP: 18.58.47.579 Geo Location Found: London, United Kingdom If this was not you then please contact the windows security representative at 302-956-9789 When you are in front of the infected device. Thanks Windows Serve

:)

David J Litvak, Feb 2, 2020

2. Potential scam

Please ignore this message.

Warning: There are "Tech Support Scams" pretending to be Microsoft support. Please be vigilant. Microsoft never calls, emails users to inform them their account is expiring. Neither should you get an email. Learn more in the following article:

PSA: Beware of Windows 10 Activation Tech Support Scams

http://www.groovypost.com/news/beware-of-window...

Report it:

Scam

Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security ... - Microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/su...

Protect yourself from tech support scams - Microsoft Support

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401340...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Edgar Pan Win User
    no email on windows 10

Hi Rick,

To further isolate the issue, we may need additional information:

• Any troubleshooting steps you’ve done so far?
    • Have you made any changes in settings after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?

We suggest following the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to resolve the issue.

Errors sending or receiving email.

Please get back to us with the status of the issue.

Regards.

Edgar Pan, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10

1. Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Potential Scam email

2. Regarding a potential BIOS problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding a potential BIOS problem: So my mobile gpu works once more hurray! but the problem isn't resolved just yet because my network adapter isn't functioning now, on to the subject at hand is it really a BIOS problem? if it is then ill gladly restore it to the older version. may any tech experts tune into...
  3. Potential scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential scam: I received an email saying Microsoft would stop processing incoming emails by midnight because I failed to verify my account. Asked me to click on the Verify Now button. Also said all upgraded users would receive an additional 10GB. This sounds like a scam. Am I right?...
  4. Scam email regarding windows defender invoice

Scam email regarding windows defender invoice: I presume this is a scam as it is saying you are tsking 400 dollars as a yearly fee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-email-regarding-windows-defender-invoice/27d04a92-92ee-4e74-8ef5-f08de752b60e
  5. Scam Email re Auto renewal

Scam Email re Auto renewal: I received this email today 9/10/2020- IS THIS A SCAM EMAIL??? Hi, Your subscription for Windows Defender has been successfully renewed and updated. PRODUCT INFORMATION Product Name Windows Defender Firewall Order Date September-10-2020...
  6. Regarding a Defender firewall auto renewal email - Is it a scam?

Regarding a Defender firewall auto renewal email - Is it a scam?: Hello , I received the following email on August 13th 2020 from Microsoft team and I wanted to know whether its a genuine email from microsoft or not. I really need help as I am touch with these people and I did what they said. Please reply and help me out asap and also...
  7. potential scam support

potential scam support: I'm getting interrupted on the net by a Microsoft update notice. It has the Microsoft logo on it but it looks fake. I went to the Microsoft update site to check my updates and all was good. Has anybody else been bothered by this?...
  8. potential scam

in Windows 10 Customization
    potential scam: i have twice received not saying need to fix outlook and scan fingerprint. is this a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potential-scam/afaadaad-43b8-4f0f-8d4e-0128ff670e16
  9. Malware regarding old passwords (SCAM EMAIL)

Malware regarding old passwords (SCAM EMAIL): Yesterday and this morning I received 2 separate emails containing sensitive information that is well out of date (maybe 6 or 7 years old), but it still worries me that this information is available to these scammers. How would I go about finding where they got this...
  10. Potential scam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Potential scam: I receivesd multiple calls from a some obe claiming be from windows and also claiming that my laptop had been breached i was concerned as she had my laptops id number so i followed her instructions to the point where she had asked my to install a remote controling program at...