Windows 10: Re-Registration of an Windows 10 Home Build 2004 Offline Installation

Discus and support Re-Registration of an Windows 10 Home Build 2004 Offline Installation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After recent change of a defect PC Mainboard, I did not achieve to reinstall Windows 10. Windows bullies me to link the installation to my online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JanMML, Sep 24, 2020.

1. JanMML Win User

Re-Registration of an Windows 10 Home Build 2004 Offline Installation

After recent change of a defect PC Mainboard, I did not achieve to reinstall Windows 10.

Windows bullies me to link the installation to my online account. Is there no more Telephone activation?

Also, the old installation does not start on the new mainboard, maybe because it is z170 instead of an h170 chipset? I cannot believe it.

:)

JanMML, Sep 24, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 24, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

Most Windows 10 games will support offline play, but you'll have to work at it.

Re-Registration of an Windows 10 Home Build 2004 Offline Installation NK5onxJwAvtQTxbkwSUoG8-650-80.png

"Larry Hryb, the man known to the world as Major Nelson, announced on Twittertoday that Microsoft has "made some backend updates to improve your experience playing @Windows 10 games offline." Basically, if you're going to be somewhere that lacks online coverage—on a submarine, for instance—it will still be possible to play your games. But there are some restrictions.

"Most games available in the Store on your Windows 10 device support offline play, but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported by searching for your game at http://www.xbox.com," the Xbox support site says. "Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Windows Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline."

Obviously, online features like buying stuff from in-game stores won't be available when you're offline, but the bit about "games with network co-op or multplayer features" not working while offline really isn't clear. We tested with Gears of War 4 and confirmed that the offline features like campaign and LAN multiplayer worked just fine when disconnected.

There are more caveats, though. You're limited to just one "designated offline device" at a time, and you can only change your designated offline device three times per year. Switching into offline mode isn't all that easy, either. First, you'll need to set your designated offline device:

• Make sure that you’re online.
    • Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start,Settings, Update and security, and then Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.
    • Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.
    • Select the Me icon (this is your profile picture).
    • Select Settings, and then under Offline Permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.
    After that, you'll have to "prepare" your games by launching each one that you want to play offline while you're still online, and logging into your Xbox Live account. This is a bit like launching Steam into Offline mode while you still have an internet connection... but you'll have to prepare each individual Xbox game this way before going offline.

Once you've logged into the game while you're online, you can exit at any time and you'll be set. Of course, if you change your mind and want to play something you haven't properly prepared, you're out of luck.

The upside is that this only affects Windows 10 games, but it still seems wildly complicated and restrictive to me. Worse, while improved functionality is always welcome, I can't see how this does anything but beg for unflattering comparisons with Steam: When I want to play my Steam games offline, I set Steam offline, restart it, and I'm on my way—and I can do it as often as I want. Microsoft's implementation of offline play is an improvement, but only because it wasn't available at all previously. As a step toward becoming more competitive with Steam, though, it falls woefully short.
    "

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games | PC Gamer

P4-630, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Re-Registration of an Windows 10 Home Build 2004 Offline Installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Re-Registration of an Windows 10 Home Build 2004 Offline Installation

1. Re-Registration of an Windows 10 Home Build 2004 Offline Installation - Similar Threads - Registration Home Build

2. Registration of offline app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registration of offline app: I am a developer of an app. My app runs offline and does not use the Microsoft authentication/authorization system. When a user installs my app, they get a warning that "this app is from an unknown publisher". How do I register the app to prevent this warning? Again, this is...
  3. Registration of offline app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registration of offline app: I am a developer of an app. My app runs offline and does not use the Microsoft authentication/authorization system. When a user installs my app, they get a warning that "this app is from an unknown publisher". How do I register the app to prevent this warning? Again, this is...
  4. Complete Re-Install of Windows 10 Home......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete Re-Install of Windows 10 Home......: Two problems fixed but now, computers on my home network cannot be seen. Media streaming works but computers, including my laptop which is the main computer is not shown in the network list. All my drives on private network are shared. Discovery is on. Password is off. It's...
  5. installing version 2004 on windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing version 2004 on windows 10 home: hi, i am using windows 10 home on hp laptop. i want to download the iso file of version 2004 and install. so, should i download and launch it from c drive or should i use any other drive?plz let me know....
  6. Windows 10 Build 2004 Unable to Install

Windows 10 Build 2004 Unable to Install: Hello, I was able to download and start the installation for the new 2004 build for Windows 10, but the installation has been failing several times, even after checking with DISM and SFC. I will post my rollback logs soon once this latest attempt is finished. I was getting...
  7. Re-Installing Windows 10 Home

Re-Installing Windows 10 Home: Hi All, I have a huge request. I have an HP laptop that I have tried to restart several times with no such luck in fixing. What I want to do is wipe the hard drive with a propriety HDD wiper/cleaner. I need to partition the hard drive, get the computer to acknowledge it has...
  8. re-installing windows 10 home SL

re-installing windows 10 home SL: I just installed far cry 3 game, and after installation, my laptop windows 10 home single language got so many errors. Start menu not working, search process not running permanently, and even i cant open Microsoft office. Because of that, i want to reinstall or clean install,...
  9. Clarification on re-installation of Windows 10 Home

Clarification on re-installation of Windows 10 Home: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion 15 with Windows 10 Home OS in HDD, I want to change it to SSD and upon research I came across an article stating that I can just reinstall the OS because Microsoft has the digital signature of my device. Is this correct? Your response will...
  10. Re Install of windows 10 home

Re Install of windows 10 home: I got this desktop with windows 10 home pre installed when I bought it from Zoostorm computers. I have some small issues with it,As you may see one of my postings regarding problem with the mail app. Now my question is if and when I decide to do a clean install of windows...