Windows 10: RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer

Discus and support RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; G'day Microsoft Community! This problem is bothering the heck out of me and I can not seem to find a solution. The image below, I hope, demostrates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidInnesPerth, Mar 5, 2021.

1. RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer

G'day Microsoft Community!

This problem is bothering the heck out of me and I can not seem to find a solution. The image below, I hope, demostrates my issue and wondering how do I solve it?

The problem is when loading File Explorer and I click on the Desktop icon/name in the left hand list, it shows two of my hard drives. These icons are not on my actual desktop wallpaper one they only show up here as below.

So, how do I remove them from this area? Any ideas? Anyone :

RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer cf7df1c1-dff5-4af7-8514-50e6eca77594?upload=true.jpg

Regards

David

:)

DavidInnesPerth, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 5, 2021
  4. sturpe Win User

RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer

1. RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer - Similar Threads - Removing HDD Icons

2. removing files from merged hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing files from merged hdd: i have 2 hdd merged as dynamic partitions and i want to remove one of them without loosing any data. how can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-files-from-merged-hdd/7b4da415-4874-4d6c-8844-b4eb40d40702
  3. removing files from merged hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    removing files from merged hdd: i have 2 hdd merged as dynamic partitions and i want to remove one of them without loosing any data. how can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-files-from-merged-hdd/7b4da415-4874-4d6c-8844-b4eb40d40702
  4. File Explorer with pc desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer with pc desktop icons: i have always used File Explorer to open and use other folders, but now i only get devices.. i am using windows 11.. any help to go from one to the other, thanks...
  5. File Explorer with pc desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer with pc desktop icons: i have always used File Explorer to open and use other folders, but now i only get devices.. i am using windows 11.. any help to go from one to the other, thanks...
  6. Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane: Hi. I have some items in the navigation pane of Win10 file explorer that I can't seem to get rid of. They point to nothing. When I right click them I have no option to delete. Here is a screen shot of what happens when I try to open one. Can anyone help me get rid of...
  7. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  8. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  9. Desktop and File Explorer icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and File Explorer icons gone: Hello! I have readed some other posts about people who had the same problem as me, but none of those solutions worked for me. Basically today I booted up my computer and all of my icons are randomly gone, in File Explorer and on the desktop. I cannot go to...
  10. Remove Desktop and Other Folders From File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Desktop and Other Folders From File Explorer?: [img] I was wondering/can't figure out if I can hide the desktop library and other things from the file explorer. Is it possible? Thanks! 27568