Windows 10: Re: Scam Artist ReImage

Discus and support Re: Scam Artist ReImage in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This Scam crashed onto my computer via the internet, masquerading as Microsoft initially. Once I found out once it was, I exited. Unfortunately, they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PatrickJ_384, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Re: Scam Artist ReImage

This Scam crashed onto my computer via the internet, masquerading as Microsoft initially. Once I found out once it was, I exited. Unfortunately, they installed themselves as an app with seven sub apps. According to the computer, the file is located on the hard drive. I can not uninstall these apps. When I try I get a pop up saying do I want this app to make changes to my computer, I say no and I loop back to the pop up asking to confirm the uninstall. One of the sub apps has instructions for uninstalling the program but it does not respond to any of the commands. Does anyone know how to get rid of this intrusion? It is significant I never agreed to install this app in the first place.

:)

PatrickJ_384, Dec 28, 2018

2. Reimage scam

I have had the Reimage scam pop up again after running two full scans with Defender and removing three Trojans.

I found a file in OS: C labeled rel that contains the following sub files

AV

Results

Temp

cfl.rei

Qres.rei

reimage.qsr

Are these part of the scam and can I delete them safely from my computer?

FredBaldwin, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Bruce Hagen, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Re: Scam Artist ReImage

Thema:

Re: Scam Artist ReImage

1. Re: Scam Artist ReImage - Similar Threads - Scam Artist ReImage

2. Reimage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reimage: Is Reimage a legitimate company? They claim that I purchased their security services 3 years ago and that I will be charged $249.98 for the automatic reactivation. When I said I want to cancel this service, they said they would charge me $149.99 since I am unable to locate...
  3. Scam re Defender AutoRenewall

Scam re Defender AutoRenewall: I just received this suspicious email. I am sure it is a scam and I will not call their number. Would like to see these scammers put in prison. From:Leonardo Ricardo<*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:13 AM To:...
  4. Scam Email re Auto renewal

Scam Email re Auto renewal: I received this email today 9/10/2020- IS THIS A SCAM EMAIL??? Hi, Your subscription for Windows Defender has been successfully renewed and updated. PRODUCT INFORMATION Product Name Windows Defender Firewall Order Date September-10-2020...
  5. reimage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reimage: have a question fellow users. i have had reimage on my machine for about 4 months and it seems it screws things up intentionally so i will have to run there program. lose drivers, blue screens. received very few of these before. i have looked at uninstalling it but from what...
  6. Reimage

Reimage: How does Reimage get on my computer in the first pace? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/reimage/8fd9637b-587e-4ba8-bbd2-edb9e841c551
  7. Reimage

Reimage: I regularly get a pop up that says: Reimage: Your network connection seems slow, is this a hoax or a real Microsoft message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reimage/edeaa5e2-f20e-4549-9075-11b9fa7347ed"
  8. Reimage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reimage: In August 2018 I downloaded something called Reimage that I was told to do by ATT. It messed with my computer (Dell) so I uninstalled it. Unfortunately, it didn't totally uninstall (even though I used Revo uninstaller). Since then I get a popup in the right corner about...
  9. Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam

Re: Microsoft Telephone Scam: Recently, I received a telephone call from someone telling me that "Microsoft was ordered to close its technical services and I have paid for the services and was due a refund. I called the telephone number provided in the message. The caller was from PAKISTAN AND ASKED ME...
  10. Reimage

Reimage: Please assist me in completely removing this program from my hard drive. I uninstall it and it still pops up. Help!!! Thanks a bunch! T https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/reimage/6bb4be39-3e3f-46d1-9cfe-bc76dc18a127