Windows 10: Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

Discus and support Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GCasey1, May 27, 2023.

1. GCasey1 Win User

Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the ccleaner to clean and shut down but the registry now has 48 items in it and can I just delete them all like I have been before? I do not want to have lose this computer again. Thank you kindly.

:)

GCasey1, May 27, 2023
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.41

Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows. In this release, we’re pleased to introduce a new Cleaning Summary screen.
    As part of a long-term commitment to usability, we looked at the way we show cleaning results and decided that a single, fixed results screen wasn’t useful to all our users. This new screen delivers cleaning results in a more meaningful way to our less technical users, so that they can understand the value of regularly cleaning their PC. Its product tips section will help all our users discover some of the other useful features CCleaner has to offer.
    We hope you like it but if you prefer to keep the old style, simply enable the 'Show Cleaner results as a file list' preference in the Advanced Options menu. If this setting is already enabled, the new Cleaning Summary screen will not be displayed.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    UI

• NEW! Cleaning results now displayed as a Cleaning Summary (Free and Professional versions only)
    • NEW! Product tips to help users discover less visible features
    • NEW! Fresh, clean Upgrade page design
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge/Internet Explorer: Fixed cleaning of cookie and icon file types on Windows 10 (thanks alhazred & Judesman for reporting this via our forum!)
    Localization

• Added improved Estonian translations (thanks to our volunteer translator ProPaan!)
    Technology

• Added support for Sciter: a lightweight, embeddable HTML/CSS/script engine for modern UI development

OldMike65, May 27, 2023
  3. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc.

I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.

For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were out of date.

The first was "Surface Display" - so I checked in Device Manager, and it says that the version I have is up-to-date. (I have 1.0.7.0, CCleaner says the new version is 6.3.139.0...) When I Google "Surface Display Driver 6.3.139.0", it takes me to a page to update drivers for a Surface Pro 6 (mine is a 5)...

So I presume CCleaner just has a list of "new drivers" and presumes if I have an older version, it's not the right one - regardless of what my hardware requires.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I Used to Be RJB, May 27, 2023
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help 176919d1518527016t-latest-ccleaner-version-released-ccleaner1.png

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, May 27, 2023
Thema:

1. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help - Similar Threads - Screen driver needed

2. Need help with drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with drivers.: Recently i bought a new pc i built myself including a MSI Pro B550-VC Mb, a RTX 3060, and a ryzen 9 5900x but i've had issues with ethernet being unidentified and not working when it does on an older machine and i have an unknown device i do not recognize i've installed my...
  3. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  4. Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re: Screen driver needed and Ccleaner help: I was having trouble with my puter and microsoft did a windows 10 update for it. Now I can't get the resolution back to what it was before as I need a driver and no idea on how to install one? It is hard on my eyes now to read stuff as the writing is too small.I also use the...
  5. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  6. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates: I've used CCleaner for years, just to clean up temp files, etc. I check Driver Updates pretty frequently on the Windows Update option built into Windows, and I'm usually in good shape.For giggles, I let CCleaner recommend a list of drivers - and it told me I had 23 that were...
  7. CCleaner Recommends Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Help with drivers needed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with drivers needed.: I was messing around with some voice changing programs, but I deleted them after a couple of minutes. However, I found that after this any external mic that I plugged into my computer only managed to get an extremely weak signal, when the Mic worked perfectly in other...
  9. CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CCleaner just destroyed my computer. Need help!: Hi guys, So i ran CCleaner (I've used it for older computers before) and now my computer BARELY works. It's insanely slow, none of my games are working right (very low fps). It's almost unusable. I've tried the following: Going to the CCleaner log in mydocuments and...
  10. Need help after re-install?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help after re-install?: I had a bad experience with Macrium Reflect when trying to load a saved image ..... Anyway, I re-installed Windows (fresh install) and all is well, except I failed to backup one desktop photo for my dual display. My problem is that the photo in question is my favourite ....