Windows 10: Re sequencing photos in an Album created in Windows 10 Photo App.

Discus and support Re sequencing photos in an Album created in Windows 10 Photo App. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I resort photos in an Album created in Windows 10 Photo App ? When I try to click and drag a photo to a different location it just bounces back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimTapley, May 7, 2019.

1. JimTapley Win User

Re sequencing photos in an Album created in Windows 10 Photo App.

How can I resort photos in an Album created in Windows 10 Photo App ? When I try to click and drag a photo to a different location it just bounces back to its original location. Is there any way to move photos like you can in a file folder or like you could in the old Photo Gallery App. That Microsoft deleted in Windows 10 ?

:)

JimTapley, May 7, 2019
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, May 7, 2019
  3. How to create new album and organize photos in Photos app

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with creating new album do let us know the following:

• Where exactly are you trying to create new albums?
    • Are you referring to creating new albums in Photos app?
    • Are you using any other application to view the photos?

If you referring to Photos app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about Photos app and check if it helps.

Refer: Photos app for Windows help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2019
  4. PGmath Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

A few months ago I was using my Surface 3 and all of a sudden the photos app popped up the following notification:

I clicked on it and it was an album consisting of a pretty random collection of photos I had taken (on my previous surface 2) over a year ago. They were all taken at the same time and place, but it didn't include all of the photos taken then.

Since then this notification has been popping up constantly, every 2 or 3 days it comes up again. It's always the same album, same notification, etc.

So why on earth did photos randomly decide to automatically make a photo album of a bunch of random pictures from over a year ago and feel the need to continually remind me of it?

Note: I know how do disable notifications for the app etc. I'm asking why it does this.

PGmath, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Re sequencing photos in an Album created in Windows 10 Photo App. - Similar Threads - sequencing photos Album

2. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  3. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  4. Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....: Dear friendsI am organising my Dad's funeral.My digital photos are all over the place on the hard drive of my PC and three external drives from previous years. It is a project on my large list of t do's.My teenage son has spent the last few evening going through every single...
  5. Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....: Dear friendsI am organising my Dad's funeral.My digital photos are all over the place on the hard drive of my PC and three external drives from previous years. It is a project on my large list of t do's.My teenage son has spent the last few evening going through every single...
  6. Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....

7. Photos Album created within photos app Windows 10 not syncing to onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Album created within photos app Windows 10 not syncing to onedrive: I created a photo album using the photos app in windows 10 but for some reason it is not showing as an album in onedrive. Other albums I've created in the past do appear in both photos app and onedrive. But this recently created album does not. Only shows in photos app in...
  8. Photos and photos albums on Windows 10

Photos and photos albums on Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 on a new laptop. I have gone thru all of the photos and having created numerous albums, I assigned each picture to the appropriate album. However, now when I go back to photos, I find that each one has duplicated and now shows twice. Is there a way to...
  9. How to create a photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a photo album: Create an album by opening 'Photos', select 'Create > Album'. Select the pictures you want to include, then select 'Create'. For more info click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/photo-basics#createalbumphotos [ATTACH]...
  10. Photos app albums

Photos app albums: I just want to be able to share a group of photos and short videos on my OneDrive account with family and friends. Unfortunately the Photos app wants to make a @#$% music video out of the pics and I cant find a way arround that gratuitous trash. Help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sequenceing photos in windows 10 Photo