Windows 10: RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...

Discus and support RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My relatively new Windows 10 machine was intended as a music and video production-only workstation, so I previously disabled all network functionality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Man vs. Machine, Aug 20, 2020.

1. RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...

My relatively new Windows 10 machine was intended as a music and video production-only workstation, so I previously disabled all network functionality to ensure no Update meddling or Rootkit shenanigans.

However, my old Windows 7 computer, serving as Internet workstation, has encountered problems, so I am now forced to use my new computer for Internet again. In the process of restarting everything, four processes have remained suspended as listed in the subject header. There is another instance of EdgeCP that is running.

I would like to customize my start menu to reflect things I actually use, and have these changes saved. FYI the OS is Windows 10 Home, the computer is a Lenovo OP340, and I keep Update disabled, as I prefer to be the one to decide what is updated and when.

Thanks.

:)

Man vs. Machine, Aug 20, 2020

2. Taskbar or Start button not working. SearchUI & ShellExperienceHost Suspended.

Thanks Akheel,

My info is:

1. My current build is 10240 (Windiws 10 Home)

2. I didn't.

I also noticed that sometimes searchUI and search function works, but shellexperiencehost, start button and apps don't.

MilosLekic, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Taskbar or Start button not working. SearchUI & ShellExperienceHost Suspended.

Hi Milos,

As per the query you are facing issue with Task bar and start menu in Windows 10 .

Please provide the below information.

1. What is the current build of your Windows ?

2. Did you make any changes to your PC prior to the issue ?

The possible causes of the issue might be due any system file corruption or any third party software conflict.
    Follow the steps in the article to fix the issue you are facing :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Keep us informed with the above information for better assistance.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...

ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when ethernet disconnected

Hi,

It is possible that you're experiencing ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to know which build and version of Windows 10 you're using. Are you getting
    any error messages when you tried opening/using Cortana? What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Teemo Tang on this

thread
    to troubleshoot the error ShellExperienceHost
    hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...

1. RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,... - Similar Threads - Start Menu Changes

2. PE saved to start Menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    PE saved to start Menu?: Hi I have been creating back-ups of my system first using AOMEI and then Macrium Free. Yesterday after creating my PE using Macrium I found that the computer was booting to a dual boot screen listing Windows 10 on top and Macrium on the bottom, in order to fix this and go...
  3. Start Menu Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  4. Limit SearchUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limit SearchUI: Is there a way to limit SearchUI from eating up too much space in the background? It's utter useless and the only purpose I use it is for the search so I don't have to navigate through the files to get what I want. It causes my PC to lose performance, and it's cancerous....
  5. RE : Change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RE : Change where new content is saved: Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.253 Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved >SD (E:) I tried to save a new game from Windows Store to my sd card. No matter which location(s) I chose, the install will fail. If I changed it back to default This PC,...
  6. RE : Change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Support
    RE : Change where new content is saved: Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.253 Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved >SD (E:) I tried to save a new game from Windows Store to my sd card. No matter which location(s) I chose, the install will fail. If I changed it back to default This PC,...
  7. re fresh win10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    re fresh win10 start menu: My start menu stopped working but strangely enough it did not take out the store,search or settings. I tooled around trying to deal with Tile Data Layer stopped State Repository Service deleted the folder did nto seem to help so I used a reset win10 update bat and it fired it...
  8. Can't save changes to desktop, start menu, etc. Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save changes to desktop, start menu, etc. Help!: I'm trying to use TeamViewer 11 to help my elderly Dad get his Win10 machine running again after something reset it, or at least wiped out his preferences. I was able to restore some of his desktop shortcuts, but I can't get any more shortcuts to stick. Any changes I make...
  9. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...
  10. Start Menu Layout will not save the changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Layout will not save the changes: I just did a clean installed of Windows 10 (1709) and as I recall, this happened to me a while back as well when the Start Menu Layout will not save the changes. So when I Unpin all the apps from the Start Layout, it will not save the settings even after all the updates and...