Windows 10: Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password

Discus and support Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; and I didn't say repair shop, I said in place repair. (another process) Ok ok...you made me smile for the first time in days. Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018.

1. fleet420 Win User

Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password

Ok ok...you made me smile for the first time in days.

fleet420, Apr 27, 2018

2. So Fleet420, do you have any personal data on this machine, spreadsheets, letters, taxes etc that are not backed up?

Caledon Ken, Apr 27, 2018
  3. fleet420 Win User
    First I tried to switch users and it simply went back to my password to get back to my account, then I restarted and when the option for both came up, I picked Windows 10...after a long while...my password screen came up. So seems like it is not going to start up.
    My add and remove has some lingering AVG I will say what they are because it's not like the program, it's something else....
    Visual Studios 2012 x64 Redistributables Both say AVG Technologies
    Visual Studios 2012 x86 Redistributables
    so that's whats up

OH, on my new password sign in, under the place to sign in it says other options, when I looked, it gave me the option of a keyboard password, or a pin input. go figure
    As far as anything I would die if I lost it...no, there is no financial data all my tax stuff is saved on my mail server, mostly music and a lot..and I mean a lot of movies. I get movies. I'm going to get all the good ones on to some large SD cards I have, everything else I can replace.

fleet420, Apr 27, 2018
  4. Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password

Okay please complete the backups.

This boot disk will boot you into a full functioning Windows and you can copy off everything.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Not sure how close you live to a computer / office store but you might find a portable hardrive will be cheaper than SD cards.

Western Digital (WD) makes them in crazy sizes like 2TB or 3TB and they are competitively prices. I prefer raw hard drives and a small dock. Far more reliable but a dock and drive will likely be between $80 - $100.

Once you are backed up I would like you to try what I posted earlier about going into safe mode and running the AVG remover.

Talk in the morning.

5. fleet420 Win User
    Gotta to go out in the am, but will be back later in afternoon. I will do some looking at HD's. I am on Unemployment right now, so until I get back to work, unless they start handin them out for free, it may be a few weeks.
    How big of a USB would I need for the
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

It looks like it's 1G will it cause me to loose anything if I use it?

fleet420, Apr 27, 2018
  6. It downloads at just around 1.2GB. You can create ISO on blank DVD if you have.

If you put on USB thumb drive you must make it bootable. Think I would use 2G USB thumb drive. I would use blank one or move data to other laptop temporarily.

You said you had a second machine. You could backup all your info on it, I would hope it has the space. Are the machine network either through shares or a Homegroup?

7. fleet420 Win User
    . There is a Homegroup thing on here, I tried a while ago to set that up but I gave up. they both run off the same wifi signal. As for the recovery I can do that, but need someone to explain the easiest way.
    What can I do to make certain that this, or the other Windows 10 laptop I have don't go to Safe Mode like this again? Someone else uses that laptop and she hits yes to almost anything that asks..so I'm afraid it will happen, she's old. . I know there was a warning, I saw it, but it also said it was not advisable to do it out of Safe Mode.. you'd think they'd say why. Folks that have limited user experience see a message like that and automatically follow it...they, (I), think Windows is saying to do it and so many idiots actually trust MS. ...Me included .*Banghead .....But, not anymore.
    Going to start those downloads..
    hey I'm lost on that page. There's many downloads and I was reading but that didn't help and I will need some instruction on which file and how to make it bootable.
    I barely understood anything of what they were saying on the download page., Is the downloading of just one file all I need or do I need more than that., and do I need to hang onto the bootable usb that I used to start win 10 when I first was locked out. Can I delete it then use that 16GB USB? or should I hang on to it.

fleet420, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password

1. Re-starting in Safe Mode-Won't take Password - Similar Threads - starting Safe Mode

2. Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.: I've recently encountered a problem. When I try to start my PC it will go into a bluescreen saying that your device ran into a problem. It does not reach the log in screen. then it restarts. After my laptop restarts it would run an automatic repair. It would say its...
  3. Re-starting in Safe Mode - no keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-starting in Safe Mode - no keyboard: Re-starting in safe mode no keyboard detected.........at BIOS screen. Legacy USB enabled. Can not use safe mode option. Windows 10 Home V.1909 has really caused a great deal of problems......does anyone have a fix......my drivers are up to date according to Driver Easy...
  4. Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed password forgot it and Started safe mode: Good day to who it my concern! Pls sorry on my english, hope will write all understandable. Few time ago I added t****datelly recognised my product key fr**** was ok. Opened new Microsoft account for this PC, installed all updates and PC was working just fine. After few...
  5. Windows safe mode not taking the correct password

Windows safe mode not taking the correct password: Hello everyone, I have been stuck in safe mode for a few hours now and it says my correct password, which I have changed now 3 times is incorrect and I cannot get it out of safe mode without the password, which it says no matter what is incorrect, is there anyone that knows...
  6. Won't start in safe mode on windows 10

Won't start in safe mode on windows 10: Computer won't accept password. Gone through the procedure for starting in safe mode but after getting to pressing F5, nothing happens, back to same problem not accepting password, anybody got a solution?...
  7. safe mode won't accept password

safe mode won't accept password: I followed these instructions to boot into safe mode to deal with a graphics driver issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode This seemed unnecessarily complex, but I was reassured by the checkbox for "make this change...
  8. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  9. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  10. Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

in Windows 10 Support
    Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted: Hi, I would like to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode, but when doing so and asked for my password it will not work. I normally use a pin code. The only password I can remember to have used on this machine is the password used with Microsoft OneDrive and it is not accepted...