Windows 10: Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809

Discus and support Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; winver 1809 - When I wake up/ start my laptop it goes to a generic Windows user. I then have to ctrl+alt+delete and switch user, to get to the page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by egailme, Dec 11, 2019.

1. egailme Win User

Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809

winver 1809 - When I wake up/ start my laptop it goes to a generic Windows user. I then have to ctrl+alt+delete and switch user, to get to the page that used to be open whenever I opened my laptop. This is most annoying, more so before I figured out how to get to my user profile, but still, I do not have immediate access when I need it. Is there a fix for this?
    thanks, Gail ()

:)

egailme, Dec 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 October 2018 Creators Update Winver 1809

This is amazing. I purchased a Windoiws 10 Pro Installation DVD and fresh installed it on my Laptop. It installed the Winver 1809 which is the version of Windows 10 with October 2018 Creators Update.
    Next day Windows Update downgraded it to version 1803.

Now when I try to install the October 2018 update on the Laptop, it doesn't get installed though I understand that it has been again released by Microsoft. On my Desktop I had updated to Winver 1809 on the
    day it was originally released and it is working like a charm.

Isn't this amazing? Can someone please help me to install Winver 1809 on my Laptop? I am not an Insider.

Amarnath Wanchoo

AmarnathWanchoo, Dec 11, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809

Windows 10 October 2018 Creators Update Winver 1809

Hi,

1809 was pulled by Microsoft due to reports of file loss after the upgrade. It is expected to release again in near time.

More details and updates are here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809

1. Re: the most recent update of Win10 (October?) winver 1809 - Similar Threads - recent update Win10

2. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  3. Most Recent Update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most Recent Update Issue: Earlier today I had no problem accessing Microsoft products but after an update I cannot. The message received reads as follows: "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly0xc0000142. Click OK to close application." Please advise how I...
  4. Downloaded the most recent update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded the most recent update...: And it did removed my profile picture, changed the color of my task bar... why would an update do this? It's not letting me change the color back either. submitted by /u/windyhollow102 [link] [comments]...
  5. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  6. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  7. 100% disk usage after updating to winver 1809

100% disk usage after updating to winver 1809: i just updated my windows to latest win 1809 version and now i have a problem.. its showing me 100% disk usage by system in task manager and pc is slow... any help will be appreciated.....
  8. Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released: On November 13, 2018, we will begin the re-release of the Windows 10 October Update (version 1809), Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server, version 1809. We encourage you to wait until the feature update is offered to your device automatically. Note for Commercial...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Creators Update Winver 1809

Windows 10 October 2018 Creators Update Winver 1809: This is amazing. I purchased a Windoiws 10 Pro Installation DVD and fresh installed it on my Laptop. It installed the Winver 1809 which is the version of Windows 10 with October 2018 Creators Update. Next day Windows Update downgraded it to version 1803. Now when I try to...
  10. Win10 October Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 October Update: Hi, İ ll setup Win10 October update from iso For the drivers: - Chipset - SATA - Realtek - İntel Graphic - Bluetooth - Wifi etc. drivers should I get from Manufacturers-WebPage or should I keep the original Win10 october drivers ?? Thank you......