Windows 10: re update settings

Discus and support re update settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is the difference in function between: - Windows Defender Scheduled Scan via Task Scheduler and - Automatic Maintenance via Control Panel Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillBurbidge, Jan 23, 2020.

1. re update settings

What is the difference in function between:

- Windows Defender Scheduled Scan via Task Scheduler

and

- Automatic Maintenance via Control Panel

Do they do the same thing? Can they cause a conflict?

I have Windows 10, version 1909.

Thank you,

Bill.

:)

BillBurbidge, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 23, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

re update settings

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

re update settings

1. re update settings - Similar Threads - update settings

2. Update not loading in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update not loading in settings: Windows was stuck on checking for updates and I paused the upadates and it did this. It jsut crashed and froze when I kept waitng for it to load. EVerything else loads perfectly fine in Settings. I'm scared to soft restart my surface because I don't want it to corrupt. Any...
  3. Update not loading in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update not loading in settings: Windows was stuck on checking for updates and I paused the upadates and it did this. It jsut crashed and froze when I kept waitng for it to load. EVerything else loads perfectly fine in Settings. I'm scared to soft restart my surface because I don't want it to corrupt. Any...
  4. Update not loading in settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Updating Windows 11 has caused me to lose almost all my software settings and touchscreen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows 11 has caused me to lose almost all my software settings and touchscreen...: Hi, An automatic update was done on my Dell XPS 13plus 9320. Since the update all the previous settings which i have had are now lost. I cannot log into my work/school accounts, my touchscreen capabilities have been lost and since i cannot log into my work account i cannot...
  6. Updating Windows 11 has caused me to lose almost all my software settings and touchscreen...

Updating Windows 11 has caused me to lose almost all my software settings and touchscreen...: Hi, An automatic update was done on my Dell XPS 13plus 9320. Since the update all the previous settings which i have had are now lost. I cannot log into my work/school accounts, my touchscreen capabilities have been lost and since i cannot log into my work account i cannot...
  7. How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...: Hi,We just recently bought new devices from a new vendor. For these the recommended way to update drivers is via Intune WindowsUpdate. For the old units we can't use this, since it messes up things badly.So for our fleet we have disabled driver updates via Windows Update.Now...
  8. How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...

How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...: Hi,We just recently bought new devices from a new vendor. For these the recommended way to update drivers is via Intune WindowsUpdate. For the old units we can't use this, since it messes up things badly.So for our fleet we have disabled driver updates via Windows Update.Now...
  9. after updating feature update of windows 11,i couldnt open my settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after updating feature update of windows 11,i couldnt open my settings app: after updating feature update of windows 11,i couldnt open my settings app.so i tried many fixes including re registering all apps in powershell but it says Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D06, The package could not be installed because a higher...
  10. after updating feature update of windows 11,i couldnt open my settings app

after updating feature update of windows 11,i couldnt open my settings app: after updating feature update of windows 11,i couldnt open my settings app.so i tried many fixes including re registering all apps in powershell but it says Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D06, The package could not be installed because a higher...