Windows 10: re-use a digital licence in a new computer

Discus and support re-use a digital licence in a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Everyone I got a new computer and installed windwos 10 pro .. my question is that : can you use the digital licence ( the same version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Abdel HadiElkinany, Jul 9, 2019.

1. re-use a digital licence in a new computer

Hello Everyone

I got a new computer and installed windwos 10 pro .. my question is that : can you use the digital licence ( the same version of windows) which I had in my old laptop ( which I formatted) in the new one?

thanks

:)

Abdel HadiElkinany, Jul 9, 2019
  2. AshKas Win User

upgrading windows with digital licence

I recently got a new computer. I have a digital licence for windows 10 pro on my old computer. I want to use that licence on my new computer however I have windows 10 home installed (and not activated) on the new computer. So when trying to activate
    my digital licence on this computer it tells me the licence doesn't match this version. What do?

AshKas, Jul 9, 2019
  3. dantandem Win User
    digital licence for windows

ok here goes :

reactivation of windows 10 after hardware changes doesnt work.

re-use a digital licence in a new computer bd5a8bce-dc74-4a99-9c0b-227f8fdb65cf?upload=true.png

to add I had nothing but problems since upgrading for free my wifi adaptor failed so I had to purchase another. then my ethernet port failed. so was forced into probably purchasing a new mb next step up from the failed one ( possibly because of poxy windows
    10 upgrade)

Also I thought when I upgraded so called "digital licence" to win 10 I no longer needed my windows 7 disc and key so binned it.

next step was to put old motherboard which is linked to digital licence. back in and reinstall correct version of windows to match my digital licence worked windows activated! ffixxed

now to change my motherboard back to the non faulty one..... and try to reactivate...…………..!!!

windows no longer activated.... and that the message in the window when trying to

dantandem, Jul 9, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

re-use a digital licence in a new computer

Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????

Digital licences are sort of half way between oem and retail. You can transfer them to a new device (regardless of original licence status) but it is not unlimited. They can only be transferred three time (At last within a short period. I have never tested doing it weeks apart). Also, digital licences cannot be transferred between virtual machines and physical machines.

Full Retail keys do not have the above restriction albeit telephone activation may be needed periodically to transfer the licence (just a security check by MS to avoid wholesale piracy).

It is alleged you cannot transfer between laptops and desktops, but I cannot verify that - I have seen conflicting evidence to suggest that is "hit or miss".

I think of digital licences as "Restricted Retail" as opposed to "Full Retail".

cereberus, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

re-use a digital licence in a new computer

1. re-use a digital licence in a new computer - Similar Threads - digital licence computer

2. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  3. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  4. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer

Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer: I am from Norway and can only get windows 10 pro N and not windows 10 pro. However, when I upgraded from my purchased windows 8 license to windows 10 pro I received only windows 10 pro and not the pro N version. So now my account is linked to a windows 10 pro account digital...
  6. Can't activate Windows with digital licence on my new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't activate Windows with digital licence on my new computer: Recently I built a computer and I installed Windows 10 home on it. On my old laptop there is a legit copy of windows 10 home (I bought it with the laptop) and a linked it to my account. On the new computer when I get to the menu where I need to chose wich device I want to...
  7. Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer

Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer: I am from Norway and can only get windows 10 pro N and not windows 10 pro. However, when I upgraded from my purchased windows 8 license to windows 10 pro I received only windows 10 pro and not the pro N version. So now my account is linked to a windows 10 pro account digital...
  8. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: How can I transfer my digitally licensed windows to my son's account as it is synced with my account and I am no longer able to use windows I would very much like to transfer my license to his account can I do that ? is there a way? please help me...
  9. digital licence

digital licence: with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence/d3061a81-7cab-4a1e-965c-ee6d2bee87dc"
  10. Re-activating a digital licenced Windows 10 with new hardware changes

Re-activating a digital licenced Windows 10 with new hardware changes: Recently, i my motherboard broke due to my PSU caught on fire. Surprisingly, my hard drive containing all my files are intact and i'm about to buy new components. My concern is, will i be able to activate windows if i login with my Microsoft account that has the key?...