Windows 10: Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues

Discus and support Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have successfully used OEM license keys in the past but for some reason it has stopped working.Scenario is I manage 1000s of laptops for work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peterb001, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Peterb001 Win User

Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues

Hi, I have successfully used OEM license keys in the past but for some reason it has stopped working.Scenario is I manage 1000s of laptops for work and we do not activate the license key that ships with device instead we use our own corporate licenses. When laptops are end of life, due to smashed/written off hardware, I have used on two occasions the license keys that ship with them for personal home use.I run the command "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" which extracts the key from the hardware.I wanted to activate to VM's to run windows 7 then upgrade to 10 but

:)

Peterb001, Jan 18, 2022
  2. Chryonn Win User

Two OEM licence keys (different Windows versions) on one PC

Hello,
    I'm in the process of building another PC and I want to know if it's possible for two versions of Windows to reside next to each other legitimately. I would have windows 7 and 10 as a dual-boot system. So if I buy OEM keys and activate them would one de-activate the other? I know that OEM licence keys are bound to the mobo and are irrevocable. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chryonn, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Windows XP Home Licence...

Hmm I have not had a key black listed yet but I dont activate it often and ONLY on 1 hardware at a time.

brandonwh64, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues

ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues

1. Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues - Similar Threads - licence keys activation

2. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows licence key not activating: I just bought a genuene Windows 10 pro licence Key but if i try to enter it, it says that a Windows 10 Home licence was found on my pc and that i need to install Windows 10 Home now. I know the key is valid so why isnt it working?...
  3. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key not activating: I just bought a genuene Windows 10 pro licence Key but if i try to enter it, it says that a Windows 10 Home licence was found on my pc and that i need to install Windows 10 Home now. I know the key is valid so why isnt it working?...
  4. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues: Hi, I have successfully used OEM license keys in the past but for some reason it has stopped working.Scenario is I manage 1000s of laptops for work and we do not activate the license key that ships with device instead we use our own corporate licenses. When laptops are end of...
  6. Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues

Re use of windows licence keys and activation issues: Hi, I have successfully used OEM license keys in the past but for some reason it has stopped working.Scenario is I manage 1000s of laptops for work and we do not activate the license key that ships with device instead we use our own corporate licenses. When laptops are end of...
  7. Re-activation and re-licencing pre- installed windows.

Re-activation and re-licencing pre- installed windows.: My laptop has a pre installed windows 10 home on hard drive. Now I want to upgrade that to new ssd and want to do clean installation, so if I do that and in any case windows failed to recognise my laptop what should I do then ?...
  8. windows 10 licence re-use

windows 10 licence re-use: I have 2 laptops, one is a old version which came with a windows 7. the other is a newer version which came with a windows 10. A friend tried to help me with cleaning up my old laptop and then installed a windows 10 from his institution, now the licence has expired and he no...
  9. Re: Window Activation Issue

Re: Window Activation Issue: Recently, bought a Surface 2 however after using for a few weeks, encountered an issue prompting that the window license will expire soon. For your information, currently, the window is activated using organisation's activation service. Kindly advise how to remedy this...
  10. Re-installing Windows 10, Licence/Activation question?

Re-installing Windows 10, Licence/Activation question?: So I have Windows 10 Pro on my main PC, I got it via the free upgrade as I was previously on Windows 7 Ultimate. Now I have purchased a SSD so need to re-install Windows 10 how would I go about doing this? or can I not as the free upgrade window has closed? 63218