Windows 10: Re-using brand new windows 10

Discus and support Re-using brand new windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi - I bought a PC without an OS and bought windows 10 from Currys UK for it. I put the windows in and tried the computer but didn't like it - (too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Prodkey, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Prodkey Win User

Re-using brand new windows 10

Hi - I bought a PC without an OS and bought windows 10 from Currys UK for it. I put the windows in and tried the computer but didn't like it - (too noisy). I sent it back the next day and got my money back - bought a new computer. I was assured by everyone that I could reuse my shop bought windows 10. However, although the new computer is working I get constant messages saying windows cannot be activated because it has been used, and telling me to buy a "legal" copy! The computer I sent back has been blanked. What do I do?

:)

Prodkey, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Re-using brand new windows 10 - Similar Threads - using brand

2. Unable to use 5Ghz wifi on the newest windows 10 update KB4512508

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use 5Ghz wifi on the newest windows 10 update KB4512508: Firstly my computer is compatible. Secondly, my computer is able to detect my 5ghz wifi before the update due to me being able to disable 802.11d Thirdly, after the update, I have no ways to disable it thus making it literally impossible to detect my 5ghz wifi. In the end,...
  3. How to use Task Scheduler to wake a laptop from 'Connected Standby'?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to use Task Scheduler to wake a laptop from 'Connected Standby'?: Hi I have just purchased a new laptop which apparently only support 'Connected Standby'. In spite of setting a Task Schedule to wake the PC from 'Connected Standby' I have not had any success. The Task Schedule is set as per my older Windows 10 Home laptops that do WAKE the...
  4. Windows not using my full internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not using my full internet speed: I have a gigabit ethernet port on my desktop and a 500mbps internet speed but when I do a speedtest windows says it is around 150. I've tried multiple cables including ones that I know can reach the 500mbps speed because I've used it on my mac laptop which reaches that speed...
  5. I need to get license for win10. I bought a used machine with it installed but have no...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to get license for win10. I bought a used machine with it installed but have no...: I need to get license for win10. I bought a used machine with it installed but have no product key. how to buy a digital key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-license-for-win10-i-bought-a-used/ac33b1e6-c5b0-4590-8bf9-22eead69006e"
  6. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?: Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do. I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not...
  7. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR using FireWire connection on brand-new PC: Hello everyone, I'm having great trouble to reinstall my whole configuration... I just bought a new computer based on an Asus Prime X470-Pro (BIOS up to date), with a Ryzen 2700X and Windows 10 x64 freshly reinstalled. I'm a musician and I have an old "Motu Ultralite"...
  8. Anyone else here use Crucial Brand SSD's?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anyone else here use Crucial Brand SSD's?: I'm asking since I have noticed that when I boot up I will get the Event ID 10 error with the following. A TCG Command has returned an error. Desc: AuthenticateSession Param1: 0x1 Param2: 0x60000001C Param3: 0x900000006 Param4: 0x0 Status: 0x12 I did get...
  9. How would you use the Lumia, Surface and Xbox brands if you were MS?

in Windows 10 Support
    How would you use the Lumia, Surface and Xbox brands if you were MS?: Would you make Surface the 'stylish' tablet/laptop brand, and Lumia the 'colorful' branding? Would you make Lumia for phones and laptops only, and have Suface be the hybrid laptop/tablets? Would you create the much rumored 'Surface Phone'? Or how about that old 'Xbox...
  10. A brand new spankin question- I keep getting the error when using VM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A brand new spankin question- I keep getting the error when using VM: I keep getting the WIndows could not apply the Windows PE bootstrap setting in the unattended answer file: Here is my autounattended .xml: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component...