Windows 10: RE-using windows license on formatted pc

Discus and support RE-using windows license on formatted pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My situation is that I need to completely format my drives, the windows drive included, because resetting through windows settings fails. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LiarGam, Sep 6, 2020.

1. LiarGam Win User

RE-using windows license on formatted pc

My situation is that I need to completely format my drives, the windows drive included, because resetting through windows settings fails. I have a retail license, connected to this account. After wiping clean the windows drive, and installing windows again through ISO file- is there a way to use my license?

:)

LiarGam, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Windows Format Configuration (time)

Hi Joc,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps you to change the time format.

• Press Windows key + X key, clicking Control Panel, clicking
      Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking
      Region.
    • Click the Formats tab, and then, in the
      Format list, select the Match Windows display language (recommended)
      under Format.
    • Check if the h: mm: tt is available under Short time and
      Long time format.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 6, 2020
  4. RE-using windows license on formatted pc

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

RE-using windows license on formatted pc

1. RE-using windows license on formatted pc - Similar Threads - using license formatted

2. Windows OEM license Re-use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OEM license Re-use: Hi , I brought a new laptop today , which has got Windows 11 and is OEM licenses.How can i save this copy of windows so that in case in future if i format this laptop, a genuine Windows is installed?or how i can re-use this license on same laptop in case i format it in...
  3. Windows OEM license Re-use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows OEM license Re-use: Hi , I brought a new laptop today , which has got Windows 11 and is OEM licenses.How can i save this copy of windows so that in case in future if i format this laptop, a genuine Windows is installed?or how i can re-use this license on same laptop in case i format it in...
  4. How to re-use a windows 10 pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-use a windows 10 pro license: Hello, in 2019 I made the upgrade from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, but I'm no longer using that laptop. Is there a way to transfer the pro license to a new device? Thanks...
  5. Re-using Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-using Windows 10 License: Hi,I bought a new laptop. It's Matebook 14. It has come with Windows 10 Home OS. So, I didn't need to buy a new one.I'm currently using this OS but probably I'll change it into Ubuntu. Maybe I can make dual OS. Anyway, I need to know.. Let's say I installed Ubuntu over...
  6. Re-using Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-using Windows 10 License: Hi,I bought a new laptop. It's Matebook 14. It has come with Windows 10 Home OS. So, I didn't need to buy a new one.I'm currently using this OS but probably I'll change it into Ubuntu. Maybe I can make dual OS. Anyway, I need to know.. Let's say I installed Ubuntu over...
  7. Re-using Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Re-formatting . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-formatting . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop.running Windows 10.For a couple of reasons. I need to Re-format it.I'm looking for advice,on how to do it?Just last night I spend,three hours formatting. But, it ended up saying it was unable to get it done?I want to, delete everything!I have, all...
  9. Windows 10 digital license re-use

Windows 10 digital license re-use: Hi, According to activation settings page, I have a digital Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft account. In case I need to change to a new computer due to theft or upgrade, is this type of license eligible for re-installation? Which information will I need to...
  10. Windows 10 License Re-use

Windows 10 License Re-use: Hello, I want to ask a question regarding Windows License/Product Key Re-use. So, when I bought my current Laptop, it also included an original Windows 10 Home OS in it. Now, I want to buy a new PC, and I want to know, can I re-use my Laptop Windows 10 License for my PC?...