Windows 10: Re: Windowblinds

Discus and support Re: Windowblinds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently asked a question here about re-colouring my titlebars and so forth, in the same way as it could be done in Win 7. Specifically, I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DWFII, Dec 7, 2019.

1. DWFII Win User

Re: Windowblinds

I recently asked a question here about re-colouring my titlebars and so forth, in the same way as it could be done in Win 7. Specifically, I want to darken and / or re-colour the scroll bars.

S.M.A.C.C was recommended and I DL'd it, although I have not installed it simply because I was informed that it would not deal with scroll bars.

But a recent thread, here, asked about Windowblinds. I had WB years and years ago. Seemed like it did what it said it would do (including modifying the scrollbars) without too much hassle.

However, many of the skins seem like they were originally designed for earlier versions of Windows...although it is claimed that most will work with Win 10. I even recognize one that I had used years ago.

So my question is: Are there any indications that Windowblinds will cause trouble, or put a heavier load on the processor or interfere with other software (including Windows 10) ?

Any good reason to not use it?

:)

DWFII, Dec 7, 2019

2. False WindowBlinds detection blocking Fall Creators Update

Thanks lacrumb for responding. Your suggestion doesn't help though. WindowBlinds is not a form of malware. It is a Windows desktop theme and UI app from Stardock. Malwarebytes or Windows Defender would not see it as a threat that needed quarantine.

I scanned the Windows Registry and Installer database for any WindowBlinds entries and there were none. I suspect that a different app installs a file with a similar name somewhere that triggers a false positive for WindowBlinds. I did try and install the
    latest version of WindowBlinds and then uninstalled it. That had no change in the Fall Creators Update install blocking behavior.

HelixWoodget, Dec 7, 2019
  3. SRGGRV1 Win User
    False WindowBlinds detection blocking Fall Creators Update

I had the ISO of the live SC which contained the WindowBlinds inside. I have found it using steps from on of the posts

SRGGRV1, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Re: Windowblinds

How do can I remove WindowBlinds from my computer?

I do no install WindowBlinds. Also I don't found them in uninstall list.

I have upgrade to window 10 version 1709. Then, the browser requesting uninstall WindowBlinds.

I don't know, how to remove them.

Thank you!

KaoOriginal, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Re: Windowblinds

1. Re: Windowblinds - Similar Threads - Windowblinds

2. Windows 10 that are Like Windowblinds but that Work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 that are Like Windowblinds but that Work: Before using Windows 10, I enjoyed using Windowblinds. After Windows 10, I could not get the Windowblinds for Windows 10 to work. It would crash the system. Are there any dependable Windows 10 skins or skinning programs besides Windowblinds and the UltraUX Theme Patcher,...
  3. Stardock WindowBlinds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stardock WindowBlinds: Was curious if anyone here uses WindowBlinds from Stardock? I thought about getting it, but I don't want any lagging or F-ups with it. My PC should run it. AMD Ryzen 8-Core with 16GB RAM, and a SSD. . 115000
  4. WindowBlinds 10 released!

in Windows 10 Customization
    WindowBlinds 10 released!: [img] Skin your Windows Desktop Interface with WindowBlinds WindowBlinds 10.03 changelog: • Windows 10 Compatibility! • WindowBlinds supports min/max/close buttons for universal applications • Three new skins from Danioc • Improved DPI scaling for large...
  5. Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10: If you run Stardock Windowblinds then please uninstall it before performing an upgrade installation of Win 10. If you don't then a vertical taskbar configuration may get corrupted. This happened to me and in Win 10 a vertical taskbar takes up half the screen. A horizontal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stardock window blinds language:en