Windows 10: reactivate a device

Discus and support reactivate a device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop got deactivated from my account recently and I want to renew the activation. It tells me to contact my admin to sort this but, I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by STEWART Meg, Mar 30, 2020.

1. reactivate a device

Hi,

my laptop got deactivated from my account recently and I want to renew the activation.

It tells me to contact my admin to sort this but, I'm not entirely sure who my admin would be.

could you help?

:)

STEWART Meg, Mar 30, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Sachy2007 Win User
    Reactivation Failed

I have just recently replaced my motherboard/processor and I reformatted my windows hard drive. I gone through the hardware changes steps, I chose the old machine listed on my account and clicked on ACTIVATE.

It now tells me that:

"Unable to activate Windows

We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

What am I missing here?

Sachy2007, Mar 30, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

reactivate a device

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

reactivate a device

1. reactivate a device - Similar Threads - reactivate device

2. "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later" - Problems while transferring...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later" - Problems while transferring...: I have an old and now slow PC with a Windows 10 pro license. As a replacement I've built a new PC with new hardware and am trying to transfer the license to the new PC. I still have access to the old PC, I just won't be using it anymore. The old PC has the Microsoft account...
  3. "We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices."

"We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices.": I have a legitimate windows 7 home premium key and I have just changed my pc hardware motherboard, cpu, ram. No troubleshooting, no bots from microsoft and no microsoft's article have helped me with the issue. I go to activation -> change the product key -> it doesn't work...
  4. Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.: [ATTACH] Each time I pick my PC from the List it is showing me this. I have a Digital copy of windows as I updated it from Windows 8.1 and I'm worried now that my license is revoked or something. What should I do? I do not have lose £220, and I'm not happy to ditch Windows...
  5. Device not showing in reactivation prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device not showing in reactivation prompt: I have a digital license bound to my account and I was planning to activate another laptop with it. The problem is that whenever I get the prompt which devices are linked to my account, the laptop I'm trying to activate is not there even though I already signed in my...
  6. Reactivating windows after hardware change gives multiple device options

Reactivating windows after hardware change gives multiple device options: Hi. I recently did some hardware change to my computer, and did a clean install of windows 10. When i do the troubleshooting for activation and select the hardware change option, it asks me to select the device im currently using. It gives me two options, one is the old...
  7. Reactivating Win 10 on a new device after crash of the motherboard

Reactivating Win 10 on a new device after crash of the motherboard: Hey community! I hope you guys can help me. I'm trying to reactivate Win 10 on my desktop PC after a massive crash of my last PC motherboard, CPU, GPU. The problem is i have recieved my Win 7 Image at Microsoft Dreamspark as student a few years ago and did the free upgrade...
  8. New Device Fails to Reactivate Windows

New Device Fails to Reactivate Windows: Hi, I recently upgraded several parts of my computer's hardware Christmas!, and in doing so, I am being asked to reactivate my windows product key. I tried reactivating my windows product key, but, it fails to work every time. I tried all the given online troubleshooting...
  9. We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. (No Error Code)

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. (No Error Code): I recently made a big hardware change. Before I do so I linked my microsoft account with my digital license on the old build. Now in my new PC I went to Activation settings and clicked troubleshoot, then clicked "I changed hardware on this device recently." afterwards It...
  10. how do i reactivate my pointing device on my hp laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i reactivate my pointing device on my hp laptop?: my pointing device has stopped working on my elitebook laptop please will someone tell me how to reactivate it > https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reactivate-my-pointing-device-on-my-hp/ed98baf8-b3b2-49d6-a450-2b80ba113a9e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we can’t reactivate windows on this device. try again later.