Windows 10: reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore

Discus and support reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I think the title says it all. I need to re-activate windows 10 pro I got by upgrading from home edition via Microsoft store. I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Martin00, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Martin00 Win User

reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore

Hi

I think the title says it all. I need to re-activate windows 10 pro I got by upgrading from home edition via Microsoft store.

I need to reactivate because my laptop broke, sent away for repair, came back reset. So I restored from a recent image I had made with pro already installed.

When I try activation troubleshoot, it says it finds a digital licence for the home edition, but i'm running pro. I've got the store email of my upgrade, but I can't find a product key. Not sure if I need one or not.

I hope someone can help.

Kind regards

Martin

:)

Martin00, Feb 20, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 20, 2020
  4. reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore

System Image Restoration in Windows 10

Hi AmritaBhattacharjee1709

Thank you for showing interest to solve my problem.

Now I will expand my question:

In windows 8 and windows 8.1 I used to restore system image many times to restore my system to earlier dates successfully. During such restoration ONLY my windows partition [C:\] had been undergone the desired changes leaving
    the other partitions in the Disk unchanged. In other words restoration of system image only affected windows partition WITHOUT AFFECTING REMAINING PARTIONS OF THE HARD DISK.

This experience encouraged me to create sytem image in windows 10 Pro (after availing free upgrade and activated) also. So I experimented with system image created in windows 10 to test the effectiveness of restoration function in windows
    10 Pro. I created system image properly and stored it in a portable external hard disk. Then I proceeded with restoration of system image from external portable disk where it had been created and stored. I could successfully restore my system to windows 10
    Pro to the time it was created. But to my utter surprise and dismay the existing data in the remaining partitions(six in numbers) on the internal hard disk vanished leaving the partition sizes intact.
    For the restored Windows 10 only System Volume Information and Recycle Bin folders are available in all the six remaining partitions. The sizes of those partition did not under go any change.To
    my understanding these patitions are not formatted. I attached the internal Hard Disk to linux system and found out that data in the remaining partitions are available for recovery using data recovery software such as photorec etc.

I am not a technical person .

Is there any chance of getting back data from the other partitions?

Why windows 10 restoration of system Image affected all the existing partitions instead of only C:\.?

I repeat my statement. The same restoration of System Image procedure in earlier versions i.e. Windows 7, windows 8 and Windows 8.1 had been quite successful affecting only the Windows Partition C:\ and there had been no change in the remaing partitions.
    The Data in those partitions were intact.

But in Windows 10 Pro the data in the remaining partitions are not available. Only Sustem Volume Information and Recycle Bin folders are available. Also note the partition sizes did not undergo any changes.

May I get any solution ? Thanks and Regards

ERSathyaNarayanan, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore

1. reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore - Similar Threads - reactivate store upgraded

2. Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.: SUBTITLE: AOMEI appears not to work as I expected with Windows 10 Pro.++++++++++++++++++++The beauty of using the Backup and Restore app in the Windows 10 Home Control Panel is that you can restore your system image backup even when your PC won't boot.The key being the...
  3. Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.: SUBTITLE: AOMEI appears not to work as I expected with Windows 10 Pro.++++++++++++++++++++The beauty of using the Backup and Restore app in the Windows 10 Home Control Panel is that you can restore your system image backup even when your PC won't boot.The key being the...
  4. Cannot backup/restore the system image with Windows 10 PRO.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro doesn't reactivate after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro doesn't reactivate after hardware upgrade: To start, I'm using a retail key not an OEM one. It was originally for Windows 7 Pro but I upgraded it to Win 10 Pro years ago and it's been working fine all this time. The key came in a physical sleeve and were sold to me by an official "Microsoft Gold Certified...
  6. Windows 10 Pro refuses to reactivate after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 Pro refuses to reactivate after hardware upgrade: To start, I'm using a retail key not an OEM one. It was originally for Windows 7 Pro but I upgraded it to Win 10 Pro years ago and it's been working fine all this time. The key came in a physical sleeve and were sold to me by an official "Microsoft Gold Certified...
  7. Windows 10 Pro refuses to reactivate after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro refuses to reactivate after hardware upgrade: To start, I'm using a retail key not an OEM one. It was originally for Windows 7 Pro but I upgraded it to Win 10 Pro years ago and it's been working fine all this time. The key came in a physical sleeve and were sold to me by an official "Microsoft Gold Certified...
  8. System restore after Pro upgrade

System restore after Pro upgrade: I bought a laptop with Windows Home. Wanted to run Hyper-V so I upgraded that to Windows Pro through Microsoft Store. Got that working but it leaves me wondering... If I had to reset to factory install, would I loose the Windows Pro upgrade, and have to pay $99 again, or...
  9. Reactivate After Hardware Change (10 Home -> Upgraded to 10 Pro via Store)

Reactivate After Hardware Change (10 Home -> Upgraded to 10 Pro via Store): Hi, I recently did a hardware change on my Windows 10 Pro installation. Obviously I need to reactivate Windows after the change (Code: 0xC004F211), I select the troubleshooter and "I changed hardware" which fails with a generic "It can't be activated at this time" nonsense....
  10. Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard

Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard: I'm about to upgrade my motherboard and I already have my Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft Account. Can I erase the hard drive, upgrade the motherboard, clean install Windows 10 and then run troubleshooter to reactivate with the same Microsoft account? What would...