Windows 10: Reactivate W10pro US-EN on PC where before it WAS digitally activated as W10pro DE

Discus and support Reactivate W10pro US-EN on PC where before it WAS digitally activated as W10pro DE in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 1. The MS account which I used to login here is NOT connected to the problem the computer on which I now work has. The actual computer uses a local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Old_Guru, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Old_Guru Win User

Reactivate W10pro US-EN on PC where before it WAS digitally activated as W10pro DE

1. The MS account which I used to login here is NOT connected to the problem the computer on which I now work has. The actual computer uses a local account only!

2. On this PC here I deleted the C drive today. Before, it had a German Win 10 pro edition (1909.18363.418) which was digitally activated. So, there were NO problems with activation there.

As I wish to donate this PC to a relative in the Philippines, I deleted the German WIN 10 and installed (clean install) the US-EN version of the same build. Such operations, so far, had never caused problems which I could not solve myself - sometimes using the activation troubleshooter. However, this time, even the troubleshooter does not recognize that the system already had a digital activation before.

The only hardware change I made, in order to shorten the time needed for the reinstall and all the other programs I need for that relative, was increasing the RAM from 1x2GB to 2x4GB. How should I proceed now? Thanks for your help - Rupert.

:)

Old_Guru, Oct 17, 2019

2. in other words dual boot W10PRO ... one key w10pro.

dual boot... one key w10pro.

I have a tricky Q

I have two bays/drives HDD (C:/ w10pro 650GB+ T:/ 350GB) +( D:/ 500GB) currently

if take the D:/ out AND IN ITS PLACE put SSD and install W10Pro (same key as C:/ - is upgrade from 8.1 pro needs key???) on SSD

can boot choose on turn on of PC either from C:/ or from SSD???

in other words
    dual boot W10PRO ... one key
    w10pro.

IF CAN, HOW FIND KEY W10PRO IN CURRENT???

Lse123polis, Oct 17, 2019
  3. W10Pro crashed my pc after W7Pro update

Updated to W10Pro after a short time enjoying it stopped to fix and restart, over and over.

Decided for Clean install of W10Pro, started fine then cashed and rebooted over and over. Turned off PC

In haste did a clean install of Linux Mint 17.2 cinnamon, calmed down some and remembered that I have original disc and key for W7Pro "upgrade" from Vista.

Inserted disc to pc with Linux on it, clicked .exe that is inside the disc and get an error message. Cannot continue to install Upgrade.

How can I get my W7Pro installed ( I assume that's what I need to do ) with Linux.

My objective: To work my way back to W10Pro.

Thanks

rcalzadilla, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Milan4988 Win User

Reactivate W10pro US-EN on PC where before it WAS digitally activated as W10pro DE

Downgrade w10pro to w10home, already got licences

Hi There,

I have two computers : one (n°1) was running windows 7 home and now w10home , and a second (n°2) was running windows 7 pro and now w10pro .

I wanted to invert windows versions on both computers, in order to get Bitlocker functions on the computer n°1.

Here are my steps :

(1) upgrade computer n°1 to w10pro with the n°2 w10pro key

(2) ... now I am blocked. How can i downgrade the computer n°2 with the n°1 licence (from pro to home)? Also, on the computer n°1 I now have a warning saying my pro licence is blocked...

... Thanks dudes.

(I'm French)

Milan4988, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Reactivate W10pro US-EN on PC where before it WAS digitally activated as W10pro DE - Similar Threads - Reactivate W10pro where

2. [solved] can't activate w10pro retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    [solved] can't activate w10pro retail: OS: windows 10 pro retail Build: 1903 OS Build 18362.356 computer: custom built install type: from scratch, not an upgrade Hello, When I try to activate windows with my product key I get "Unable to activate windows" and get an error code 0x803fa067 no letter l or L...
  3. can't activate w10pro retail

can't activate w10pro retail: OS: windows 10 pro retail Build: 1903 OS Build 18362.356 computer: custom built install type: from scratch, not an upgrade Hello, When I try to activate windows with my product key I get "Unable to activate windows" and get an error code 0x803fa067 no letter l or L...
  4. W10Pro will not accept admin password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    W10Pro will not accept admin password: Enabled admin gave it a password Disabled me user 'tom" as admin and left me "tom" as only a user. Rebooted tried to log on as admin and W10Pro rejected the new Admin password. I can not perform any admin tasks now on this machine. Why would windows not accept the new...
  5. W10Pro activation Error Code 0x87e10bcf

W10Pro activation Error Code 0x87e10bcf: Hi friends. After a frustrating 1.5 hours trying to get tech support, still no resolution to this issue. I'm trying to activate windows on this new laptop. Lenovo Thinkpad P53 W10Pro64. New laptop set up. On a network domain. Error Code:0x87e10bcf "something is...
  6. W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10pro + ghost + sysprep on USB: Hi all, looking for some help. Imaging with ghost 11.5 (yes I know it's obsolete) and sysprep is stripping out way too much. Back in the day just used to use -pnp switch which was awesome. Need the boxes fully loaded with local apps and local user accounts retained. So far...
  7. W10pro + ghost + sysprep

in Windows 10 Support
    W10pro + ghost + sysprep: Hi all, looking for some help. Imaging with ghost 11.5 (yes I know it's obsolete) and sysprep is stripping out way too much. Back in the day just used to use -pnp switch which was awesome. Need the boxes fully loaded with local apps and local user accounts retained. So far...
  8. W10Pro - Microphone too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10Pro - Microphone too low: Hello!My micropone's volume is very low *Sad idk what to do (in win 7 it was fine) 17835
  9. W8pro to W10pro.

W8pro to W10pro.: I have an available W8pro key, this comp was bought with 10Home installed. Is it possible to load 8pro then upgrade to 10pro? 90176
  10. Possible to clean install w10pro without activation?

Possible to clean install w10pro without activation?: I used the media creation tool to get a w10 iso. Apparently there used to be an option select pro vs home, but no longer. During install when I skip activation, it installs the home version. Do I have to activate to get the choice of pro vs home, or is there a way around...