Windows 10: Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install

Discus and support Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 on this machine after a fresh install from a downloaded file. I do not have the original media. I am told “We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DMackL, May 23, 2020.

1. DMackL Win User

Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install

I am trying to reactivate Windows 10 on this machine after a fresh install from a downloaded file. I do not have the original media. I am told “We can’t activate Windows on this device because you don’t have a valid digital license…”. Not true. This machine had/has a digital license, is listed in my Microsoft account and before I reinstalled, I checked Activation and it was activated and linked. What do I need to do?

:)

DMackL, May 23, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 23, 2020
  3. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page Download Windows 10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, May 23, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Reactivate Windows 10 fails after a fresh install - Similar Threads - Reactivate fails fresh

2. Windows 10 Reactivation fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Reactivation fails: Windows 10 Pro previously activated on PCPC broke downBought new Computer and use previously activated Win 10Win 10 can't be activatedFails with Code 0xC004C008Went throught Phone Install-ID Activation Fails when i answer question on how many computers i activated win 10 my...
  3. Windows 10 Reactivation fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Reactivation fails: Windows 10 Pro previously activated on PCPC broke downBought new Computer and use previously activated Win 10Win 10 can't be activatedFails with Code 0xC004C008Went throught Phone Install-ID Activation Fails when i answer question on how many computers i activated win 10 my...
  4. Windows 10 Reactivation fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update fails after a fresh install of windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update fails after a fresh install of windows.: Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2failed to install on 09/06/21I used the office usb stick I bought from you. Windows installs fine. I just get this error when doing an update. I have tried many times to reinstall. What can I do next? I tried using the windows upgrade...
  6. Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates fail even after fresh install.: Basically my Lenovo Legion laptop could no longer receive major updates after 1903 or 1909, each time they'd fail to install so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows and start clean. Lo and behold, the default installation I get with my retail USB version is...
  7. Windows 10 boot failing after fresh installation

Windows 10 boot failing after fresh installation: So i saw a boot menu that said Choose an operating system [Windows 10 volume 2] [Windows 10 volume 2] and chose the first one after installing windows and its just stuck with this screen made in ms paint from my other computer [ATTACH] Should i choose the second option?...
  8. Windows 10 fails to start properly after a fresh installation

Windows 10 fails to start properly after a fresh installation: I am working on a Dell Inspiron 11-3168 laptop. I replaced the hard drive today, since the original had failed. I am using the ISO package to install Windows 10 o the new hard drive. The installation works as expected. After the USB drive is removed, which contains the ISO...
  9. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing: I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Changed the boot order on the other PC so that...
  10. Windows 10 fresh install fails

Windows 10 fresh install fails: Hi! I'm having a common issue and I've tried all of the fixes I've found online. I still have the issue I have two disks - the USB removable memory stick which contains the installer ISO image, and an M.2 Samsung 500GB drive. I'm doing a fresh install of windows 10 and...