Windows 10: Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic

Discus and support Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi There, I am using Windows 7 Home Basic inbuild in my laptop, some time before i had upgrade my laptop with Windows 10 Home Basic OS Free Upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SakthikumaranRamasamy1, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic

Hi There, I am using Windows 7 Home Basic inbuild in my laptop, some time before i had upgrade my laptop with Windows 10 Home Basic OS Free Upgrade from Windows. Due to some technical problem i reactivate the windows 7 , but now i want to again reactivate my Windows 10 Home Basic OS, what i have to do please help me.

:)

SakthikumaranRamasamy1, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Boyfriend Win User
    Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

He is using AMD already. He wants downgrading to AM3. Don't know why??

If you change HDD + RAM simultaneously, Windows 7 needs to be reactivated. Only HDD cloning shouldn't require reactivation. As you are changing mobo + HDD (prehaps RAM upgrade too), you will surely require reactivation. If you have genuine license, you should reinstall OS (you might use Windows Easy Transfer). If you don't want to reinstall, you need to uninstall HDD, interfaces/system devices, and numerous other drivers (USB, HID, Portable devices, etc.), else your OS will be unstable.
    I will highly recommend to reinstall Windows 7 and enjoy your migration.

A simple trick might be like this to avoid reactivation:
    1. Clone your HDD first and boot into Windows
    2. Use it for at least one week
    3. Replace mobo only without any other hardware change/upgrade and boot
    4. Use it for at least one week
    5. Do any other upgrade (RAM, Graphic card etc.)

Don't do two simultaneous downgrades/upgrades to avoid reactivation.

Boyfriend, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic

1. Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic - Similar Threads - Reactivate Home Basic

2. Reactivating windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating windows 10 home: I have recently changed a lot of the hardware in my computer and when it came to reactivating windows 10 it said to pick my device, I did and then it said that there was an error. I followed all the steps on the Microsoft website and still, it won't work. Please if anyone...
  3. How do I downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Home Basic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC to Home Basic: I've bought used laptop and it came with a licensed Windows Enterprise LTSC and now I want to downgrade to Home version. Is it possible to do Clean Install using USB Drive by formating the Hard Drive and purchasing new Home Basic Windows 10?...
  4. Why has my Cortana Home window reverted to a basic search dialogue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why has my Cortana Home window reverted to a basic search dialogue?: I suddenly noticed yesterday that the look of my Cortana home window has changed. When I click on the white circle icon in the taskbar, what used to pop up was a window (now wider since the 1809 update) showing a row of blue option icons, and beneath that a list of my action...
  5. Some windows are basically broken, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some windows are basically broken, Windows 10 Home: Good day, I've come across some broken windows .. the problem is best illustrated by the picture below: [ATTACH] As you can see, the calculator's window has been stretched, and it's entered a 'see-through' mode, so to speak. I wonder what's causing this and is there a...
  6. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home

Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home: I have a MacBook Pro, and i originally partitioned the hard drive to 350 Mac & 150 Win 7. Not long ago i received a free upgrade to Win 10 Home, and after using it for a few months, i really liked it and decided to re-partition my hard drive to 250 Mac & 250 Win 10. After...
  7. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home: Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll, sperror.dll, spwizui.dll, sprerror.dll Boxes that pop up. I have done the Disk Cleanup as suggested, and checking for...
  8. Windows basic driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows basic driver: Hi i have a ASUSVivobooks14 S410UA I just brought it this year and didnt have any problems wIth it but recently its started to glith everytime i tried to log in after entering my passowrd as in going black and flickering i reaslied the problem was with my dispaly driver i...
  9. A basic Win 10 or a strong Win 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    A basic Win 10 or a strong Win 7?: For what its worth I have three systems here with AMD CPU's, all of them are running Windows 10 with no issues. That may change tomorrow, but as of today no issues. My laptop is running an AMD A10-4600M 2.3 GHZ Quad Core AMD Trinity, AMD A70M chip-set. My main desktop an...
  10. Start Home Page Apps Basic Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Home Page Apps Basic Question: This is a real basic question (I think). Pictures are from two different computers. The bottom second picture. Question. Turn computer on. Home screen. Click on the flag bottom left. The words - All Apps, Power, Settings, File Explorer comes up. And the blue icons...