Windows 10: Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic

Discus and support Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi There, I am using Windows 7 Home Basic inbuild in my laptop, some time before i had upgrade my laptop with Windows 10 Home Basic OS Free Upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SakthikumaranRamasamy1, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic

Hi There, I am using Windows 7 Home Basic inbuild in my laptop, some time before i had upgrade my laptop with Windows 10 Home Basic OS Free Upgrade from Windows. Due to some technical problem i reactivate the windows 7 , but now i want to again reactivate my Windows 10 Home Basic OS, what i have to do please help me.

:)

SakthikumaranRamasamy1, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Boyfriend Win User
    Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

He is using AMD already. He wants downgrading to AM3. Don't know why??

If you change HDD + RAM simultaneously, Windows 7 needs to be reactivated. Only HDD cloning shouldn't require reactivation. As you are changing mobo + HDD (prehaps RAM upgrade too), you will surely require reactivation. If you have genuine license, you should reinstall OS (you might use Windows Easy Transfer). If you don't want to reinstall, you need to uninstall HDD, interfaces/system devices, and numerous other drivers (USB, HID, Portable devices, etc.), else your OS will be unstable.
    I will highly recommend to reinstall Windows 7 and enjoy your migration.

A simple trick might be like this to avoid reactivation:
    1. Clone your HDD first and boot into Windows
    2. Use it for at least one week
    3. Replace mobo only without any other hardware change/upgrade and boot
    4. Use it for at least one week
    5. Do any other upgrade (RAM, Graphic card etc.)

Don't do two simultaneous downgrades/upgrades to avoid reactivation.

Boyfriend, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic

1. Reactivate Windows 10 Home Basic From Window 7 Home Basic - Similar Threads - Reactivate Home Basic

2. Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?: I have just upgraded an old PC in my office from Windows 7 Home Basic to Windows 10. But then the Windows have become not activated. Previously before the upgrade, my Windows 7 Home Basic was active. When I tried to activate Windows 10, it gave me the error code 0xC004F213....
  3. Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?: I have just upgraded an old PC in my office from Windows 7 Home Basic to Windows 10. But then the Windows have become not activated. Previously before the upgrade, my Windows 7 Home Basic was active. When I tried to activate Windows 10, it gave me the error code 0xC004F213....
  4. Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgrade of windows 7 home basic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade of windows 7 home basic: Hello All,I am user of windows home edition 7 basic and i want to upgrade to windows 10. my windows 7 is licence. I tired to download media creation tool on my laptop and it gave me error message it says to 0X80072f8f-0x20000.what needs to be done and can i upgrade my windows...
  6. Upgrade of windows 7 home basic

Upgrade of windows 7 home basic: Hello All,I am user of windows home edition 7 basic and i want to upgrade to windows 10. my windows 7 is licence. I tired to download media creation tool on my laptop and it gave me error message it says to 0X80072f8f-0x20000.what needs to be done and can i upgrade my windows...
  7. Window 7 Home Basic update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 7 Home Basic update to Windows 10: I have a license version of windows 7 Home basic edition installed in my Sony laptop.I want to upgrade to windows 10..Laptop configuration is core i5.Can i use the same product key for the upgrade.What are the steps to be followed....
  8. Window 7 Home Basic update to Windows 10

Window 7 Home Basic update to Windows 10: I have a license version of windows 7 Home basic edition installed in my Sony laptop.I want to upgrade to windows 10..Laptop configuration is core i5.Can i use the same product key for the upgrade.What are the steps to be followed....
  9. Windows 7 Home Basics to Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Home Basics to Windows 10 home: I have Windows 7 Home basics installed in my Dell laptop. I want to ask that whether I can use that product key to activate Windows 10 Home in my laptop....
  10. Windows 10 Home Basic or Home Premium?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Basic or Home Premium?: How do I know if I am running Windows 10 Home Basic or Home Premium? The Edition under Windows Specification just says Windows Home. It does not specify Basic or Premium. How do I know which one it is? I need to know because of a memory upgrade question. RAM limits for Home...