Windows 10: Reactivate Windows 10 retail product key on Hyper-V

Discus and support Reactivate Windows 10 retail product key on Hyper-V in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First my PC uses an OEM Windows 10 home license, with a Windows 10 Pro retail upgrade. Here's my tale of woe........... I created a Hyper-V VM and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JeffMarkey, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Reactivate Windows 10 retail product key on Hyper-V

First my PC uses an OEM Windows 10 home license, with a Windows 10 Pro retail upgrade.

Here's my tale of woe...........

I created a Hyper-V VM and used a retail Windows 10 home product key.........everything worked great.

I deleted the VM I DID NOT uninstall the product key

I created another VM and now cannot use the Product Key.

How do I "reactivate" my retail Windows 10 product key if it was first used on a deleted VM?

:)

JeffMarkey, Feb 25, 2021
  2. MarkY1166 Win User

Product key for XP not working in Hyper V

But my point is, the CD key I'm entering CAME OFF THE WINDOWS XP disc! ...WHY and how would or could that not be valid , since it came off the actual disc? Plus, why would Hyper V not be compatible with XP, since one of the very purposes of Hyper V is
    to possibly run OLDER OS's thru it, for compatibility testing,etc. Lastly, there are actual step by step tutorials with pictures where guys are using Hyper V to run XP et al on Windows 10, so there's that...

MarkY1166, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

According to this (How do I avoid needing to activate Windows when I move a VM? [Hyper-V]) link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting
    it and importing it. Are there any additional steps I should know about or is it as simple as find the export and then import (on the new host) options/buttons?

EvenNotOdd, Feb 25, 2021
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Reactivate Windows 10 retail product key on Hyper-V

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Reactivate Windows 10 retail product key on Hyper-V

1. Reactivate Windows 10 retail product key on Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Reactivate retail product

2. Product Key Reactivation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key Reactivation: I bought a Dell Inspiron, OEM Installed Windows 11. Product key was activated. Recently I had to reset my system. Its again asking for Product Key. But I don't remember it. Any help please?...
  3. Product Key Reactivation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Reactivation: I bought a Dell Inspiron, OEM Installed Windows 11. Product key was activated. Recently I had to reset my system. Its again asking for Product Key. But I don't remember it. Any help please?...
  4. Reactivating a retail key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating a retail key: Hello,In 2014, I obtained a retail windows 8.1 pro license key for my laptop. That laptop sadly died shortly after the end of the warranty period, roughly in 2017, and I bought a new laptop with an OEM-provided windows to replace it.I'm currently building a new computer and...
  5. Reactivating a retail key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivating a retail key: Hello,In 2014, I obtained a retail windows 8.1 pro license key for my laptop. That laptop sadly died shortly after the end of the warranty period, roughly in 2017, and I bought a new laptop with an OEM-provided windows to replace it.I'm currently building a new computer and...
  6. Retail and OEM product keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retail and OEM product keys: Hello there, I want to buy a product key to activate my OS. In the web I found that there are two types. One is using a retail keyquite expensive and other is using a OEM key. I further found that once you activate using a OEM key it is locked to that device while retail...
  7. retail product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    retail product key: i like to if the product key sold by Bestbuy store is legit or a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-product-key/6bb8c0dc-a139-4344-a068-8d521fe0fd04
  8. Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?: According to this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/virtual_pc_guy/how-do-i-avoid-needing-to-activate-windows-when-i-move-a-vm-hyper-v link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting it and importing...
  9. Hyper-V Windows Product Activation Issue

Hyper-V Windows Product Activation Issue: I upgraded windows 10 from Windows 7. I followed Kari's instruction of Import Windows XP Mode VHD from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For windows Activation part I entered my XP windows Product Key (from my dead computer) and tried to activate through smartphone process. I got a...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...