Windows 10: Reactivate Windows 10?

Discus and support Reactivate Windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all - a question.... I have a friend whose old HP 630 laptop has died - mobo failure. He's buying a cheap replacement mobo from Ebay, but as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Darkstrike, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Reactivate Windows 10?

Hi all - a question.... I have a friend whose old HP 630 laptop has died - mobo failure. He's buying a cheap replacement mobo from Ebay, but as the machine was originally a Win7 machine upgraded to Win10, it does not have an embedded Windows 8/10 license key. There also doesn't seem to be a Windows 7 license key on the bottom of the case anywhere. I am guessing that Win10 would deactivate as it would detect the motherboard change...? It is a different motherboard, yes, but it is the EXACT same motherboard model.....would that make a difference...? Would there be any way to reactivate Win10 on it without purchasing a copy of Win10? Thanks! Reactivate Windows 10? :)

:)

Darkstrike, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Reactivate Windows 10?

Delta6326, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Reactivate Windows 10?

1. Reactivate Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Reactivate

2. Windows asking for reactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows asking for reactivation: I upgraded my motherboard some months ago and windows did not ask for reactivation. I think I also used the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 before switching. This week it asked my for the product key, which I entered the one I had for windows 8.1 and it was...
  3. Can't find my device in Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Can't find my device in Reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard change: I changed the motherboard of my current computer without deactivating the product key on my old motherboard, then when I am trying to use troubleshoot to reactivate windows 10 on my computer with the new motherboard, I can not find the device that I am currently using. The...
  4. How to solve error "Unable to reactivate Windows since our servers are not accessible at...

How to solve error "Unable to reactivate Windows since our servers are not accessible at...: Following hardware change, my windows cannot get activated. It is a digital license linked to my microsoft account. When I run the activation troubleshooter, I select the option "I recently changed my hardware". Then, it prompts me for my pin and password to microsoft account...
  5. Windows Reactivation After Motherboard Change

Windows Reactivation After Motherboard Change: Hello! I recently had to change out my motherboard and now need to reactivate Windows 10 with my digital key. After going to the settings to activate it, I get the error code 0xC004C008. My old motherboard made it so my computer would not POST, and therefore I was unable to...
  6. Computer screen goes black with sound still going, reactivates after a second and apps stop...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer screen goes black with sound still going, reactivates after a second and apps stop...: So I have been having trouble with some apps like Zoom when shared screen is activated or Toon Boom Harmony, my screen randomly stops, then goes black for a second or two with a loading cursor and sound still on, then it comes back and sometimes the apps stop responding and I...
  7. Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated: Hi,I cannot start my Windows Defender. I just noticed, it was deactivated for reasons unknown to me. As I suspected a virus or malware could be the cause, i checked the system with the Malicious Software Removal tool from Microsoft, but it couldn't find anything. Is the...
  8. Windows 10 Won't Reactivate After Hardware Change

Windows 10 Won't Reactivate After Hardware Change: I changed the graphics card of my Windows 10 computer and now I cannot re-activate Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 with the Digital License. The only components I have ever changed on this computer were the graphics card and RAM, so I should think the digital license...
  9. Windows Reactivation

Windows Reactivation: Today I built a new hardware rig for my PC and installed the hard drive from my old PC which contained my genuine copy of Windows 10 Pro.Now I can boot the system and all seems OK, but it keeps prompting me to reactivate windows. Despite whatever I try, I CANNOT NOT...
  10. Windows Reactivation

Windows Reactivation: I installed a new SSD on my laptop and had a fresh install of the OS on the SSD and using the old HDD as storage drive on the same laptop. the problem is my laptop came with a genuine pre installed windows now after installing all drivers and updates and sign in I see my...