Windows 10: Reactivate windows licence on VM

Discus and support Reactivate windows licence on VM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I had installed win10 on VM, the host machine crashed and I had to install win10 from zero. I didn't have Microsoft account at that time so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by krakra007, Apr 19, 2021.

1. krakra007 Win User

Reactivate windows licence on VM

Hello,

I had installed win10 on VM, the host machine crashed and I had to install win10 from zero.

I didn't have Microsoft account at that time so i cant disassociate it from previous machine.

Is there any way I can get that license to work on my new VM or is it "burned"?

:)

krakra007, Apr 19, 2021

2. Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

According to this (How do I avoid needing to activate Windows when I move a VM? [Hyper-V]) link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting
    it and importing it. Are there any additional steps I should know about or is it as simple as find the export and then import (on the new host) options/buttons?

EvenNotOdd, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 licence when used as VM

Thanks Elise,

Does the same still apply if we are selling remote access to this VM to our customer?

We will host the VM on our server in a data centre, and will subsequently host a service for the customer on the windows 10 VM.

Is the customer licenced to access this VM as well as us as the host?

Thanks.

RussellV2020, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Reactivate windows licence on VM

Andre Da Costa, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Reactivate windows licence on VM

1. Reactivate windows licence on VM - Similar Threads - Reactivate licence

2. Windows 10 digital licence reactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 digital licence reactivation: Hello to the community,I am about to buy a windows 10 pro licence and had a few questions. At my local BestBuy store, I can buy a boxed usb windows 10 pro version. I confirmed it comes with a usb key and a product key. If I buy this, do I need to preserve the product key? I...
  3. Licence Key Reactivation

Licence Key Reactivation: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro retail licence key years ago which was said to be transferable. I've just bought a brand new computer, but I am using the same drives as I used to so I had to format them and completely reinstall Windows, wiping the originally activated Windows...
  4. Digital licence reactivation

Digital licence reactivation: I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview activated with a Digital licence linked to my Microsoft account and I was wondering if I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro by erasing my HDD, will it activate automatically?...
  5. Windows 10 Licence Reactivation

Windows 10 Licence Reactivation: Hello, This is Shamim from Bangladesh. I am using Asus Zenbook 14, Model UX433fn. After reinstalling windows 10, I have lost my licence. Could someone help me to solve this issue. My PC's serial number is JBN0CV12890547C. Waiting to here form anyone soon. Thanks,...
  6. Windows 10 licence reactivation

Windows 10 licence reactivation: Hi, I recently upgraded hardware in my PC. I checked the Microsoft website for details on reactivating windows after this update and followed the instructions with regards to linking my digital licence to my Microsoft account. When I finished my upgrade and tried to...
  7. Does reinstalling Windows void licence? Can reactivate?

Does reinstalling Windows void licence? Can reactivate?: I've my laptop with Windows pre-installed. Now it's not booting. It has some bootloader issues. So, I'm thinking about downloading Windows 10 iso again and install it. This is my question, if I reinstall, do I need to activate my newly installed Windows with a product key?...
  8. reactivating digital licence

reactivating digital licence: mother board died in my laptop replaced it with a new one now it wont reactivate. Keeps saying your windows is not activated. Can anyone assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivating-digital-licence/a987bcb4-c596-4aad-bb34-9b056fe111bc"
  9. Windows 10 pro licence will expire soon but system says activated and cannot reactivate

Windows 10 pro licence will expire soon but system says activated and cannot reactivate: Recent message on startup 'windows licence about to expire'. But system says Windows is activated. Cannot change to new product key. Windows update service missing. No updates downloaded and no update history. error code 0x80070424. Troubleshooter no help. Cannot reinstall...
  10. How is my digital licence reactivated upon fresh win10 install?

How is my digital licence reactivated upon fresh win10 install?: I purchased free dos laptop and activated win 10 from store by buying digital licence. I am used to oem product key activation ready with a laptop purchase. digital lincece is something new to me. how does it work? Do I need to sign in with my hotmail adress and have internet...