Windows 10: Reactivate windows licence on VM

Discus and support Reactivate windows licence on VM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I had installed win10 on VM, the host machine crashed and I had to install win10 from zero. I didn't have Microsoft account at that time so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by krakra007, Apr 19, 2021.

1. krakra007 Win User

Reactivate windows licence on VM

Hello,

I had installed win10 on VM, the host machine crashed and I had to install win10 from zero.

I didn't have Microsoft account at that time so i cant disassociate it from previous machine.

Is there any way I can get that license to work on my new VM or is it "burned"?

:)

krakra007, Apr 19, 2021

2. Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

According to this (How do I avoid needing to activate Windows when I move a VM? [Hyper-V]) link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting
    it and importing it. Are there any additional steps I should know about or is it as simple as find the export and then import (on the new host) options/buttons?

EvenNotOdd, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Windows 10 licence when used as VM

Thanks Elise,

Does the same still apply if we are selling remote access to this VM to our customer?

We will host the VM on our server in a data centre, and will subsequently host a service for the customer on the windows 10 VM.

Is the customer licenced to access this VM as well as us as the host?

Thanks.

RussellV2020, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Reactivate windows licence on VM

Andre Da Costa, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Reactivate windows licence on VM

1. Reactivate windows licence on VM - Similar Threads - Reactivate licence

2. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  3. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  4. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivating Windows licence after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating Windows licence after BIOS update: Hi folks,two days ago I did a BIOS update. Since then my Windows licence is not activated. I assume that Windows detected a hardware change but the strange thing is that I update my BIOS every few months and never had this issue.The error code is 0x803FABC3Windows licence is...
  6. Reactivating Windows licence after BIOS update

Reactivating Windows licence after BIOS update: Hi folks,two days ago I did a BIOS update. Since then my Windows licence is not activated. I assume that Windows detected a hardware change but the strange thing is that I update my BIOS every few months and never had this issue.The error code is 0x803FABC3Windows licence is...
  7. Windows reactivate/where is my licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reactivate/where is my licence key: So i sold my old motherboard that i activated my windows10pro first time... It is product keyI dowloaded win11 first time in like january and it automatically activated it after i loged in.But win11 was so bad reinstalled win10 after some day and its activated again...
  8. Windows reactivate/where is my licence key

Windows reactivate/where is my licence key: So i sold my old motherboard that i activated my windows10pro first time... It is product keyI dowloaded win11 first time in like january and it automatically activated it after i loged in.But win11 was so bad reinstalled win10 after some day and its activated again...
  9. Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence: I have my work laptop with Windows 10, and I want to reinstall Windows. I see that I have digital license.When I followed Learn more link Activate Windows microsoft.com I find this:Activate using a digital licenseDigital licenses are associated with your hardware and linked...
  10. Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence

Reactivation of Windows with a digital licence: I have my work laptop with Windows 10, and I want to reinstall Windows. I see that I have digital license.When I followed Learn more link Activate Windows microsoft.com I find this:Activate using a digital licenseDigital licenses are associated with your hardware and linked...