Windows 10: Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc

Discus and support Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My old Pc finally died on me and i'm rebuilding/upgrading it, completely change most of the parts including the motherboard, the only old part that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbeArtha, Oct 18, 2018.

1. AbeArtha Win User

Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc

My old Pc finally died on me and i'm rebuilding/upgrading it, completely change most of the parts including the motherboard, the only old part that i used are graphic card and power supply unit (from am3+ to am4 platform)

my version of windows was a free version windows 10 pro from the free update from windows 7 ultimate.

Since it's technically new PC, not the same PC, can i still reacivate my windows using my microsoft account?

:)

AbeArtha, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc

Reactivating windows 10 after a major hardware (motherboard) change

Please how can I reactivate windows after a major hardware change if I didn't link my PC to my Microsoft account. Windows 7 was previously activated before it was upgraded to windows 10 and I have the product ID.

Delvis Emeka, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc

1. Reactivating free windows 10 after major overhaul pc - Similar Threads - Reactivating free major

2. How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my OS which is installed on my desktop. My cpu is i5 4670k which is not supported by windows 11 so i cant...
  3. How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.3448 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my OS which is installed on my desktop. My cpu is i5 4670k which is not supported by windows 11 so i cant...
  4. How to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware changes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error 0xC004F211 after PC hardware overhaul

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xC004F211 after PC hardware overhaul: how do I activate windows OS I have tried to go through the activation procedure.activation settings > troubleshoot > "I have changed my hardware recently" > typed in my login = my password is incorrect I have reset my password multiple times and it will not allow me to log...
  6. Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates to get a major overhaul on Windows 10 X: Windows 10 X, which is the new expression of Microsoft’s desktop operating system, comes with a redesigned Windows Update experience. According to Microsoft, Windows 10 X will allow users to install feature updates in a matter of seconds, and for the time being, the new...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard)

Reactivating Windows 10 after major hardware change(motherboard): Will I have any issues reactivating Windows10 since it came pre-installed by the OEM(cyberpowerpc), and Windows will view the new motherboard as a different PC? I'm running the latest 1809 version of Windows, and my digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. According...
  8. Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to reactivate windows 10 after major hardware change.: Got a new motherboard and processor Friday and went to reactivate windows but it's not working. At the windows activation screen I receive error code 0x803F7001 which means I don't have a valid product key. I don't have a physical product key because I bought it digitally and...
  9. Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard)

Reactivation windows 10 after a sudden major hardware change(motherboard): I have a full retail key. My old motherboard suddenly got damaged. I have to replace the motherboard without any preparation for re-activating windows 10 in the new PC. How can I reactivate it?...
  10. Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook for Windows is getting a major UI overhaul in latest update: Today, Microsoft is pushing out a major update for Outlook on both Windows and Web. The company had earlier announced a major UI overhaul for its Outlook app and today it’s rolling out to the public. As part of this update, Microsoft is adding a simplified ribbon across...