Windows 10: Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated

Discus and support Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed MS FX and activated it the activation was successful. After 30 minutes running the program, it said that the trial period was over. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CarlHuber1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated

I installed MS FX and activated it the activation was successful. After 30 minutes running the program, it said that the trial period was over. Before I could obtain the code, the screen went blank and the program ended. Question - How do I reactivate a program that has already been activated?

:)

CarlHuber1, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Thagstrom Win User

FSX activation error

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

The first steps I would try are:

1) Locate the entry below by regedit.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS

\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

2) Look at UpperFilters key. It should contain “PartMgr” only.

3) If the key shows something more, mark down what they are

before editing the key to read “PartMgr” only.

4) Start FSX, the activation dialog should be prompted.

5) Proceed and let FSX start, then exit FSX.

6) Edit back the registry key with the previous content. (This step may not be required.)

This info was found here:
    https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/fsx-a...

If that does not work then I would suggest to restart your computer and try again. If that does not work then I would suggest to uninstall and re-install completely.

Thagstrom, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    Not active fsx

In my April 24th reply, I had asked you if you were able to take a flight in spite of having the Activation error come up? So could you attempt any flight to make sure that you have installed FSX properly? And try to fly for more than 30 minutes (you can
    use time compression if you are short of time).

If your FSX runs properly, I can give you a possible suggestion for the Activation error. But if FSX doesn't run, then you need to go through certain steps before you can do a re-install of it.

Chriso747, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated

FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated

1. Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated - Similar Threads - Reactivating FSX already

2. How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?: hello i have a question about my windows install i had activated my windows when i purchased this laptop but now its saying i have to re-activate and i have no clue where i put the product key. i am looking for help to re-activate it as the key should be still valid...
  3. How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?: hello i have a question about my windows install i had activated my windows when i purchased this laptop but now its saying i have to re-activate and i have no clue where i put the product key. i am looking for help to re-activate it as the key should be still valid...
  4. Digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows: I purchased my Win 8 Pro RETAIL license back in 2015 and installed a fresh copy on VirtualBox.Later I upgraded my Win 8 Pro installation to Windows 10 Pro.Over the years I used Windows 10 Pro on VirtualBox this way.Recently I bought a new laptop with no operating system...
  5. Digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows

Digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows: I purchased my Win 8 Pro RETAIL license back in 2015 and installed a fresh copy on VirtualBox.Later I upgraded my Win 8 Pro installation to Windows 10 Pro.Over the years I used Windows 10 Pro on VirtualBox this way.Recently I bought a new laptop with no operating system...
  6. The Digital License For This Device Has Already Been Used To Reactivate Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Digital License For This Device Has Already Been Used To Reactivate Windows.: Hi, I change my HDD, but have problem with reactivation WIN11. When I choose old system from list This is the device that I´m using at the moment and click Activate, it show me that "The Digital License For This Device Has Already Been Used To Reactivate Windows".I have...
  7. The Digital License For This Device Has Already Been Used To Reactivate Windows.

The Digital License For This Device Has Already Been Used To Reactivate Windows.: Hi, I change my HDD, but have problem with reactivation WIN11. When I choose old system from list This is the device that I´m using at the moment and click Activate, it show me that "The Digital License For This Device Has Already Been Used To Reactivate Windows".I have...
  8. Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated: I installed MS FSX and activated it. However, after running for 30 minutes, it said that the trial was over and the program ended. How do I reactivate FSX when it has already been activated?...
  9. Windows activation key says it has already been used

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation key says it has already been used: I just received a new windows 10 key from my organization, but it says it has already been used. They said this is an error that Microsoft could fix....
  10. FSX activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX activation: product limits play to 30 minuts and am unable to activate please help [Move from: Windows 10 / Licensing & activation] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fsx-activation/18f51dcc-f6c7-465f-a5a6-4ec34e5c9db2