Windows 10: reactivating lost windows key

Discus and support reactivating lost windows key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a windows 10 and was using it on old desktop... it crashed and had to replace the motherboard and CPU. I cant find the old key envelop. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AshutoshGanage, Jun 7, 2019.

1. reactivating lost windows key

I purchased a windows 10 and was using it on old desktop... it crashed and had to replace the motherboard and CPU. I cant find the old key envelop. How do I activate my windows 10

:)

AshutoshGanage, Jun 7, 2019
  2. MRCL Win User

Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

Yeah without a problem, and with a key from google because I lost mine *Laugh :laugh: That won't work in the final tho I guess*Roll Eyes reactivating lost windows key :rolleyes:

MRCL, Jun 7, 2019
  3. technicks Win User
    Lost xp key.

i lost my XP key. And i need it.
    Is there a way to find the XP key i am using now in Windows?

Thanks.

technicks, Jun 7, 2019
  4. theonedub Win User

reactivating lost windows key

Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think its going to ask you for a key. If anything it will ask you to reactivate, which you can do online, or at the worse- over the phone. Should be no issue.

I have changed MBs in the past (and been too lazy for a fresh install) and Windows Vista and 7 RC updated the drivers and did not even require reactivation.

theonedub, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

reactivating lost windows key

1. reactivating lost windows key - Similar Threads - reactivating lost key

2. Product Key Reactivation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key Reactivation: I bought a Dell Inspiron, OEM Installed Windows 11. Product key was activated. Recently I had to reset my system. Its again asking for Product Key. But I don't remember it. Any help please?...
  3. Product Key Reactivation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Reactivation: I bought a Dell Inspiron, OEM Installed Windows 11. Product key was activated. Recently I had to reset my system. Its again asking for Product Key. But I don't remember it. Any help please?...
  4. Reactivate Key Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reactivate Key Question: If my Motherboard that started with 7 then upgraded to 10 just died and was replaced, is there no way to get that activation key back? Was just told that I would have to purchase a whole new key because I upgraded back in 2016 from 7 to 10. submitted by /u/SirSourSanchez...
  5. Reactivating a retail key

Reactivating a retail key: Hello,In 2014, I obtained a retail windows 8.1 pro license key for my laptop. That laptop sadly died shortly after the end of the warranty period, roughly in 2017, and I bought a new laptop with an OEM-provided windows to replace it.I'm currently building a new computer and...
  6. Reactivating windows with a digital key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating windows with a digital key: Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the...
  7. Reactivating windows with a digital key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating windows with a digital key: Hello, some time ago I created a Microsoft account and attached it to my laptop. Fortunately, I noticed that my windows was automatically activated. I recently bought a new computer, I installed windows on it, I connected to the same microsoft account as the one on the...
  8. Reactivating windows with a digital key

9. Licence Key Reactivation

Licence Key Reactivation: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro retail licence key years ago which was said to be transferable. I've just bought a brand new computer, but I am using the same drives as I used to so I had to format them and completely reinstall Windows, wiping the originally activated Windows...
  10. How to reactivate Windows on a laptop when you have lost the activation key

How to reactivate Windows on a laptop when you have lost the activation key: I have a hard disk problem on my laptop and lost everything on the hard disk, had windows reinstalled but cannot re activate it as the original version of Windows with its activation key has been lost too as it was stored on the hard disk, What can I do to activate Windows...