Windows 10: Reactivating retail windows after new motherboard

Discus and support Reactivating retail windows after new motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Got windows 7 Ultimate retail years ago and got Windows 10 pro upgrade. Finally upgraded motherboard and processor and windows won't activate from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by thproctor3, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Reactivating retail windows after new motherboard

Got windows 7 Ultimate retail years ago and got Windows 10 pro upgrade. Finally upgraded motherboard and processor and windows won't activate from troubleshooter with error code 0xC004F213. Prior to upgrading I verified my license was digitally linked to my Microsoft account. They want me to pay for phone help. Any ideas on how to fix without spending $200 for a new license?

:)

thproctor3, Apr 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 wont reactivate after motherboard change

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 24, 2019
  3. can i reactivate windows 10 after changing motherboard?

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If you upgraded from a retail license, you can use the product key to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Reactivating retail windows after new motherboard

New Motherboard and Reactivation

Replacement of a mobo with the manufacturer's recommended part should lead to reactivation by phone. Upgrading to any other board invalidates the license and may require a retail copy of Windows. If the OS upgraded from was OEM then the license is gone with an upgrade mobo. If the OS upgraded from was a retail FPP copy, then it can be reactivated on any new mobo installed and so should be the Windows 10 upgrade, although phone activation may be required.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Reactivating retail windows after new motherboard

1. Reactivating retail windows after new motherboard - Similar Threads - Reactivating retail motherboard

2. Windows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard : Invalid, despite being on retail channel

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Reactivation after Motherboard : Invalid, despite being on retail channel: Hi - I've just replaced my PC motherboard, and as part of the prep, followed all the KB articles to check that my current licence was a valid b active & linked to my MS account and c digital. After replacing the motherboard, and following the reactivation prompts, I got the...
  3. Error Reactivating Windows 10 Pro Retail After Change New Motherboard

Error Reactivating Windows 10 Pro Retail After Change New Motherboard: Hi, somebody can help me, today i've change (upgrade) my motherboard, i've removed my product key from my old motherboard and when i try to activate to my new motherboard, it said error with 0xC004F025 code i have linked to with my account and it still no working,...
  4. Windows 10 reactivation after new motherboard install

Windows 10 reactivation after new motherboard install: Hi Everyone, My PC was pre-built by Digital Storm. I ended up having to update some hardware including my motherboard. Now, I'm encountering an issue when trying to re-activate my license (which should be tied to my Live ID). When I get to the activation page in settings,...
  5. Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating retail Windows 10 pro after upgrading motherboard: I'm about to upgrade my motherboard and I already have my Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft Account. Can I erase the hard drive, upgrade the motherboard, clean install Windows 10 and then run troubleshooter to reactivate with the same Microsoft account? What would...
  6. New motherboard won't reactivate

New motherboard won't reactivate: Just had to replace my motherboard, I have a digital licence for the PC Windows 10 won;t reactivate. Licence was the free upgrade from win 7 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-motherboard-wont-reactivate/c9427cd6-bb88-4101-82bf-c583afc548eb"
  7. Reactivating Windows after a new motherboard

Reactivating Windows after a new motherboard: My old motherboard had a corrupted bios and I had to buy a new one. This was a system malfunction I didn't prepare for of course. Now Windows 10 is telling me that my copy is not genuine (when in fact it is). I have followed all the steps on the support page for this issue....
  8. Windows reactivation after new motherboard installed

Windows reactivation after new motherboard installed: My old motherboard was broken so I had to replace it. I know that windows considers this a "new computer", but is there a way to transfer the license even though I could not deactivate my license on my old mobo....
  9. Can't reactivate windows after new motherboard install

Can't reactivate windows after new motherboard install: Hello, I recently installed a new motherboard and other new components, kept old hard drive though, but installed my OS onto an SSD. I am having trouble activating my OS, even though in my previous PC and OS are linked to my one and only Microsoft account which I am signed...
  10. New Motherboard and Reactivation

New Motherboard and Reactivation: I did a clean install using the free upgrade offer a few weeks ago. Sorry to say, but it really looks like I will need a new motherboard, same make and model, but will be leaving everything else the same. Do you think Microsoft will reactivate it afterwards? If not, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reactivation problem after new motherboard retail

2. can i reactivate oem copy of windows 10 after changing motherboard?