Windows 10: Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade fails with error 0x80070057

Discus and support Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade fails with error 0x80070057 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,This week I've upgraded my computer due to the motherboard of my previous one dying after 11 good years of service. Specifically from a Gigabyte... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Adambean, May 3, 2021.

1. Adambean Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade fails with error 0x80070057

Hello,This week I've upgraded my computer due to the motherboard of my previous one dying after 11 good years of service. Specifically from a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 to a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, not that it matters exactly. I know my Windows 10 Pro license is retail and digital, what with it being an upgrade path from Windows 7 Pro retail. I had the GA-X58A-UD5 at the time of installing Windows 7 and upgrading to 10. This license was also bound to my Microsoft account, with the GA-X58A-UD5 showing as a known device.Unfortunately Windows 10 doesn't seem to properly migrate the license to my

:)

Adambean, May 3, 2021
  2. 56Kruiser Win User

Error 0x80070057 - Updates failing

I ran all the cmds you listed and all were find. Indicated no problems.

Ran the Windows Update. Still Failed.

Downloaded it per your link and it installed successfully.

Interestingly, when I run Windows Update, it still shows this:

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade fails with error 0x80070057 [​IMG]

For now, I'm going to assume that once it runs an automatic check it will clear that out.

56Kruiser, May 3, 2021
  3. 56Kruiser Win User
    Error 0x80070057 - Updates failing

No need to be sorry. I'm not expecting you to be sitting there as my real time support assistant Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade fails with error 0x80070057 :). I do really appreciate your help though.

So, I went through the suggestions in the links I posted. The sfc /scannow had failed in normal boot mode. The recommendation was to run it in safe mode, which was my last attempt. It came back stating there were no issues, and finished fine. WFT?

Anyway, I now will go down the path of your suggestions above.

Thanks again.

P.S. - By the way, I'm back to the 0x80070057 error. System is schizophrenic.

56Kruiser, May 3, 2021
  4. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade fails with error 0x80070057

Gerry C J Cornell, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade fails with error 0x80070057

1. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade fails with error 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - Reactivating hardware upgrade

2. Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded my computer to an SSD, and a newer Motherboard and Processor. When I got booted into Windows, the "Activate Windows" watermark came up in the bottom right-hand corner. I tried to follow the directions in the Windows Update menu, but it doesn't work. I...
  3. Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded my computer to an SSD, and a newer Motherboard and Processor. When I got booted into Windows, the "Activate Windows" watermark came up in the bottom right-hand corner. I tried to follow the directions in the Windows Update menu, but it doesn't work. I...
  4. Reactivate Windows 10 after PC Hardware Upgrade

Reactivate Windows 10 after PC Hardware Upgrade: Hi I just upgraded my PC Motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU, Etc and kept my old SSD and HDD drives with windows installed which was activated with a Windows 10 Pro license. However now Windows 10 says it's unactivated, and that I need to buy it. I have tried troubleshooting and it...
  5. Reactivation after hardware upgrade

Reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi guys, I just upgraded my PC CPU, motherboard, RAM, and SSD to be specific and having problems reactivating my Windows 10. I was using a Windows 10 home retail key brought on Amazon upgraded to pro and linked to my Microsoft account. Tried the troubleshooting and change...
  6. Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade

Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade: I've recently upgraded my home desktop replacing everything but my harddrive, gpu, and power supply. Before doing so I attempted to get my windows 10 pro key for reactivation but was told that it would saved to my windows account since I'm keeping the hardrives the same...
  7. Reactivating fails after hardware change

Reactivating fails after hardware change: I changed out my motherboard and RAM due to my motherboard starting to die and spit out errors, and it was time for an upgrade anyways. Before I went through with the upgrade I made sure my Windows Activation was connected to my Microsoft account using the instructions here:...
  8. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded both my CPU and motherboard, and 'Activate Windows' watermark showed up I tried the troubleshooter but it doesnt seem to work I also tried reenter the product key again and that also doesnt work. The troubleshooter doesnt show any error codes it just...
  9. Windows 10 failed to reactivate after changing hardware

Windows 10 failed to reactivate after changing hardware: I recently bought a new SSD and reinstalled the windows 10 on it, the previous one was then formatted. After the settlement of the Windows set up, I found that my windows have failed to be activated automatically. As I was upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 long time ago,...
  10. Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 won't reactivate after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my mobo and CPU, but after moving my SSD to the new PC it won't reactivate Windows 10. I keep going to Settings to reactivate but it keeps saying "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. " It's said that for 4 days so I don't think trying...