Windows 10: Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade)

Discus and support Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Just today, I've upgraded my hardware, changed my motherboard, CPU and GPU. It was all fine until I got the "Activate Windows" on the side,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by koralu, Aug 28, 2019.

1. koralu Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade)

Hello,

Just today, I've upgraded my hardware, changed my motherboard, CPU and GPU. It was all fine until I got the "Activate Windows" on the side, I've tried all the troubleshooting I could find:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12440/windows-10-activate

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10738/windows-10-get-help-with-activation-errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

The errors I have on the Activation screen is 0xC004F025 and when I try to change the product key, to the one I have I get 0x803fa067.

:)

koralu, Aug 28, 2019
  2. taox Win User

Windows 10 Hardware change

So i will be changing my cpu, motherboard, ram to the z170 and i was wondering how i am going to reactivate windows 10. my parts should be here by the 11/18/2015 i want to prepare. *Smile Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade) :) thanks!

3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 28, 2019
  4. taox Win User

Windows 10 Hardware change

windows 10 accepts win7/8 keys *Smile Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade) :)

Maximum PC

Thema:

1. Reactivating Windows 10 after changing hardware (Windows 10 free upgrade) - Similar Threads - Reactivating changing hardware

2. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change: I've tried everything on every article I was directed in and nothing seems to work when I type winver it says I own it but I have that stupid watermark in the bottom right hand oh my screen I'm just asking for help plz...
  3. Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change.: [ATTACH] So I press Troubleshoot [ATTACH] So I press "I recently changed hardware on this device", as that is what happened. [ATTACH] I selected the computer in question. "Black Shine" is this computer. And then press Activate. [ATTACH] And then it fails and tells...
  4. Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change: I had Win 10 Pro installed & activated on my computer (an upgrade from Win 7). I understood from reading previous answers that the activation was tied to my Microsoft account. After upgrading my CPU & motherboard, it is not longer activated. I have run the troubleshooter...
  5. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded both my CPU and motherboard, and 'Activate Windows' watermark showed up I tried the troubleshooter but it doesnt seem to work I also tried reenter the product key again and that also doesnt work. The troubleshooter doesnt show any error codes it just...
  6. Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change: Hi, Ive had a motherboard swap last night and after booting up the system it picked everything up just fine. A few hours later, I got a message saying my windows license isnt activated and that I would have to do it again. So I clicked the message and was sent to the...
  7. Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change.

Windows 10 Reactivation after hardware change.: Two days back my hard disk failed, so I replaced it with SSD. Reinstalled win 10 , tried to activate but it fails. I tried troubleshoot and It shows my previous PC name and I choose this is the device I am using and clicked activate. It fails I upgraded from Win 7 , 3 years...
  8. Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.: Hello all. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1803 that i upgraded to, for free, from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Now my hardware is a bit long in the tooth, main board approaching ten years old, so i would like to upgrade it along with memory and possibly CPU, and a...
  9. Upgraded for free from 8.1 to 10. Reactivation after hardware change

Upgraded for free from 8.1 to 10. Reactivation after hardware change: I had a Windows 8.1 license, which I upgraded into Windows 10 when Microsoft was providing the possibility. However, I'd like to do a hardware update soon (motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM. SSD drives will remain the same). Will I be able to re-activate my Windows 10 license? 83877
  10. Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?

Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?: So, I am planning on buying a new hard drive for my computer, and since Windows 10's activation is based on hardware, will I still have the free upgrade? 48242