Windows 10: Reactivating Windows 10 after formatting pc but I can't log in to a Microsoft account

Discus and support Reactivating Windows 10 after formatting pc but I can't log in to a Microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I bought a used pc that was formatted before I bought it but now Windows isn't activated, I haven't got any product key and I haven't bought a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GibranTheVoid, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Reactivating Windows 10 after formatting pc but I can't log in to a Microsoft account

So I bought a used pc that was formatted before I bought it but now Windows isn't activated, I haven't got any product key and I haven't bought a license myself. What do I do???

:)

GibranTheVoid, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 after formatting pc but I can't log in to a Microsoft account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Reactivating Windows 10 after formatting pc but I can't log in to a Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Reactivating Windows 10 after formatting pc but I can't log in to a Microsoft account

1. Reactivating Windows 10 after formatting pc but I can't log in to a Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Reactivating formatting can't

2. I Can't log into Microsoft Account on Windows 10 PC / Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I Can't log into Microsoft Account on Windows 10 PC / Laptop: I can't log into my new laptop with my Microsoft account. I am able to get past first log in screen, then it asks for my password a second time. I enter it, and it then doesn't work and says "Oops, something went wrongWhatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try...
  3. I Can't log into Microsoft Account on Windows 10 PC / Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't log into Microsoft Account on Windows 10 PC / Laptop: I can't log into my new laptop with my Microsoft account. I am able to get past first log in screen, then it asks for my password a second time. I enter it, and it then doesn't work and says "Oops, something went wrongWhatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try...
  4. I Can't log into Microsoft Account on Windows 10 PC / Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I Can't log into Microsoft Account on Windows 11 PC / Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't log into Microsoft Account on Windows 11 PC / Laptop: I can't log into my new laptop with my Microsoft account. I am able to get past first log in screen, then it asks for my password a second time. I enter it, and it then doesn't work and says "Oops, something went wrongWhatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try...
  6. I Can't log into Microsoft Account on Windows 11 PC / Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't log into Microsoft Account on Windows 11 PC / Laptop: I can't log into my new laptop with my Microsoft account. I am able to get past first log in screen, then it asks for my password a second time. I enter it, and it then doesn't work and says "Oops, something went wrongWhatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try...
  7. Windows isn't reactivating after logging Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows isn't reactivating after logging Microsoft account: I had activated my windows a long ago in my old pc. Now I have upgraded my pc and when I am logging my Microsoft account to it then it isn't activating. it was a retail key and unfortunately I don't have access to the key right now. Thank you for your answers in advance....
  8. Can't Log Into Local Account after Formatting my PC.

Can't Log Into Local Account after Formatting my PC.: Hi, So I just formatted my PC to clean it up and I believe because my Product Key was provided by my university upon set up it forced me to Log into a Domain Account so Work/School Is this really the reason?. So I did, I logged into my university account. I finished set up...
  9. Can't Log Into Local Account after Format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Log Into Local Account after Format: So, I formatted my PC and I believe because of my Windows Key it knew I got my windows from my university so it demanded I put in my uni information to make my account. (I hear Microsoft doesn't like local accounts anymore). Anyhow I did and wanted to go in and make a new...
  10. Can't log in to microsoft account. Windows 10

Can't log in to microsoft account. Windows 10: Hello! When i try to log in to my microsoft account it says that i am not connected to the internet even if i am. I get the error 0x80190001 sometimes and i searchid about it and did as it said but no success. And when i go to settings/accounts/your info and press on "Sign...