Windows 10: reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer

Discus and support reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; had to restore my computer. Now my windows 10 will not let me use any of my apps. says that I need to re install the code # I down loaded the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShirleySmith5, Oct 21, 2018.

1. reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer

had to restore my computer. Now my windows 10 will not let me use any of my apps. says that I need to re install the code # I down loaded the free version of windows 10 so do not have a product code. been to my settings to try to re activate and it just sends me around in circles.

:)

ShirleySmith5, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer

1. reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer - Similar Threads - reactivating restoring computer

2. COMPUTER NOW UNUSABLE AFTER RESTORE WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPUTER NOW UNUSABLE AFTER RESTORE WINDOWS 10: RAN RESTORE NO GET "USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED", COMPUTER NO LONGER WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-now-unusable-after-restore-windows-10/ee15611f-a6f8-4c58-8ea1-65fea35bd25b
  3. COMPUTER NOW UNUSABLE AFTER RESTORE WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    COMPUTER NOW UNUSABLE AFTER RESTORE WINDOWS 10: RAN RESTORE NO GET "USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED", COMPUTER NO LONGER WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-now-unusable-after-restore-windows-10/ee15611f-a6f8-4c58-8ea1-65fea35bd25b
  4. Cant reactivate windows after reassembling the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant reactivate windows after reassembling the computer: So I build a new machine few days ago, and I installed windows 11 on my new machine. I purchased a geniune copy of windows 11 from microsoft store and activated it. The day after that, my machine is not booting and I reassembled the whole machine. The windows needs...
  5. Cant reactivate windows after reassembling the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant reactivate windows after reassembling the computer: So I build a new machine few days ago, and I installed windows 11 on my new machine. I purchased a geniune copy of windows 11 from microsoft store and activated it. The day after that, my machine is not booting and I reassembled the whole machine. The windows needs...
  6. Windows 10 reactivation after loss of previous computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reactivation after loss of previous computer: Hello !I couldn't find an answer to this one on the forums, so here I am.My previous computer was destroyed accidently but I could salvage the SSD. I had installed Windows 10 using a Product Key, and linked the licence to my Microsoft account.I have now trouble activating the...
  7. Windows reactivation after resetting computer

Windows reactivation after resetting computer: Recently I had an issue where a Windows update downloaded wrong and my keyboard and mouse stopped working when Windows actually started. That's not my current issue, I have resolved that, I only mention it to explain why I had to do a reset. anyways My current problem is...
  8. reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore

reactivate store upgraded windows 10 pro after system image restore: Hi I think the title says it all. I need to re-activate windows 10 pro I got by upgrading from home edition via Microsoft store. I need to reactivate because my laptop broke, sent away for repair, came back reset. So I restored from a recent image I had made with pro...
  9. Reactivating windows 10 after a hardware change, after computer crashed.

Reactivating windows 10 after a hardware change, after computer crashed.: Hello. Windows 10 is not activated. My computer crashed. Can I activate windows 10 after a hardware change? Does not help! - "Select the Start button, select Settings> Update & security> Activation, and then select Troubleshoot. You must be signed in as an administrator to...
  10. Windows reactivation after computer change

Windows reactivation after computer change: Hi all! I searched trough existing threads for help but without success, so I'm opening new one. I have a Win 10 digital license that I picked up a few years ago when MS gave a free upgrade from 7 to 10. This license is properly linked to my Microsoft account on my old PC....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reactivating windows 10 after restoring